Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are recruiting for a Site Manager to work on a framework contract within the industrial services team. This is a permanent role based on site in the North east of Scotland.
Purpose of the Role:
- Ensure that all work is completed in accordance with the site safety regulations
- Ensure all site incidents are notified to line manager in a timely manner and confirmed in writing within 24 hrs
- Investigate all incidents involving Wood personnel
- Act as the Wood focal point for all site resource management and recruitment including management of all supervision, trades resources and 3rd Parties
- Adhere to defined standards, procedures and practices
- Maintain a high management profile with the workforce and customer
- Manage cost and demonstrate financial responsibility
- Provide regular progress reports to contracts manager.
- Ensure absence including holiday, sickness, training or other is strictly managed in accordance with Wood policies and procedures
- Champion the Wood Group ‘Core Values’ and demonstrate commitment to the same through every action that is taken
- Provide clear leadership to supervision and workforce
- Promote and support team working across the contract – focus on one Wood
- Contribute and adhere to work plans and the achievement of goals
- Contribute positively to the contract objectives; be open to new ideas and promote improved and innovative ways of working
- Ensure working hours are managed in accordance with the site agreement and consequences are delivered where necessary.
- Ensure competence of all trade and subcontractor resource meet the required standards
- Encourage and foster joined-up thinking between Design and Construction
- Attend and influence progress and planning meetings
- Monitor all planning, cost, productivity, progress and implementation schedules
- Discuss and work with Contract Manager and Commercial Lead to ensure correct priorities are being maintained
- Accountable for the efficient and effective delivery of all site work including Turnaround Scopes
- Ensure work completed is in full compliance with customer and project specifications, codes, standards and that adequate records exist
- Hold routine town hall meetings with site personnel to ensure messages are shared and there is a platform for questions to be raised
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in previous site management roles in the UK engineering and construction industry
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.