Lab Technician spec: Job description:
- Under direct supervision, performs assigned duties within the chemical hygiene plan and the current HSE laboratory safety standards.
- Design and testing of cement mixtures and other liquids in the laboratory
- Reporting test results in the database system
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Assist with quality assurance of the processes in the laboratory and development of laboratory procedures
- Technical support for the operation
- Shift work 7:00-15:30 - 09:30 18:00
- On call Duty
- The Lab Technician role involves heavy lifting during the manufacture and testing of products. This will regularly involve exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Competitive pension- and insurance scheme
Company health service
Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan
Focus on technology and further development
Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment Qualifications:
- Some experience of laboratory work preferred but not essential, or have an HNC or similar qualification in science based subjects ( chemistry, biology, physics, mechanical engineering etc)
- Good grades in secondary School Higher Education will also be considered for the right applicant
- May also build prototypes, models, and special equipment and/or perform basic material or environmental tests using basic techniques with electrical/electronic, chemical, and mechanical equipment that includes set-up, calibration, trouble- shooting, monitoring, and data collection.
- Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
- Generally good computer skills are required as you will do registration in SAP and Database.
- Good technical understanding for handling laboratory equipment.
- Halliburton is an international company and the position requires you to have good communication skills, written and oral.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation
- Strong planning skills so that work is structured to reach the department's goals.
- You have good cooperation skills and a professional approach to all stakeholders.
- Highly driven with initiative to provide high service quality.
- Ability to deal with multiple complex issues whilst maintaining strong service delivery.
- Physically fit as the position will involve some manual lifting and long periods working at a bench
- The position requires that you champion the Company's HSE procedures.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom Job Details Requisition Number:
82298 Experience Level:
Entry-Level Job Family:
Engineering/Science/Technology Product Service Line:
Cementing Full Time / Part Time:
Full Time Additional Locations for this position: Compensation Information
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.Job Segment:
Technician, ERP, Maintenance, SAP, Database, Technology, Manufacturing
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.