IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Associate Consultant - Financial Investors Consulting - Europe
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward. IQVIA is present in more than 100+ countries around the world.
IQVIA Consulting Services is the world's leading, specialised advisor on critical business issues in the life sciences. We are the strategy arm of IQVIA, offering end-to-end management consulting to the biopharma industry. It is our sole focus on life sciences, deep expertise in key commercial and technical areas, unique access to proprietary data, and in-market presence around the world that allows us to achieve our mission of making a positive long-term impact on healthcare.
The Financial Investors Consulting (FIC) team is part of IQVIA's Global Consulting Services business unit. The team focuses on partnering with financial investors (e.g. private equity, venture capital, hedge funds) to support healthcare and life sciences investment decisions and offer them value-creating partnerships that maximize their ROI. This includes (but is not limited to) commercial and technical due diligence, asset and target screening, growth strategy and exit/divestment strategy.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You'll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural, collegial and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
As an Associate Consultant in the IQVIA FIC team, you will be responsible for supporting M&A, due diligence and investment-related consulting projects. Every project will be different but a sample of the responsibilities you can expect are:
- Supporting the delivery of projects to address client questions, primarily in the areas of due diligence (buy- and sell-side), asset/portfolio/company valuation, asset screening and growth strategy
- Contributing to project teams in the development and delivery of client deliverables including analysis of IQVIA and public information sources, conducting primary research with industry experts and independent secondary research
- Translating data and research findings into meaningful insights and communicating recommendations to key investors and decision makers
- Participating in internal and client meetings and supporting the presentation of project findings to the client
- Supporting development of IQVIA's engagement with financial investors across areas within and outside of consulting services
- Supporting overall FIC team and broader consulting initiatives to elevate our capabilities, including (but not limited to) the development of intellectual property, marketing materials, training and development, recruitment and go-to-market approach
- Supporting business development, including working in a team to develop proposals and presentations with senior support
- Developing broad knowledge of related consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through the participation in formal and informal learning opportunities
C* *andidates interested in joining our Financial Investors Consulting as an Associate Consultant should have:
- An undergraduate/master's/PhD degree in life sciences, economics/business, or engineering
- 2-3 years professional experience in consulting, corporate development, or within a financial institution (e.g. private equity, venture capital) with a focus on M&A / commercial due diligence within the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare sector
- Experience focused on engagements related to transactions / external investments (due diligence, valuation, asset identification, growth strategy, forecasting) is an advantage.
- Experience advising clients in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry and/or financial investors
- Experience working in multi-disciplined teams and good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and an ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and thinking
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis with ability to translate data analysis and qualitative insights into strategic implications for senior investors. Experience interpreting financial results / P&Ls is a plus.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, business and report writing
- Avid interest in the healthcare and life sciences industries and knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Ability to work under pressure and produce timely, high quality deliverables in a fast-paced environment
In addition to the skills and experience above an Associate Consultant should have:
- Right to work in the recruiting country
- A willingness and ability to travel
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of IQVIA Datasets is a plus
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
At IQVIA, we have a vision. Where every healthcare decision is based on evidence. Where data science and human science come together to improve global health. Where new and creative solutions aren't just possible - they are expected.
Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us. It takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage to transform healthcare. The 56,000+ employees of the IQVIA family of companies, including Q2 Solutions, are reimagining a world without the consequences of disease. We are brave minds bringing powerful ideas to reality. At IQVIA, you can truly make an impact in an environment where you're supported to succeed.