To support the use of ICT throughout the School, and to assist with administrative tasks in the School Office.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The precise nature of the role will be shaped to fit the strengths of the candidate appointed, but the key roles are likely to include the following:
· To be a positive role model for pupils at St Paul’s Juniors.
· To work creatively and take on projects that help develop the use of ICT across the school.
· To assist with the daily upkeep of the Schools Intranet and Social Media.
· To work alongside as well as support other members of the teaching staff in their use of ICT.
· The opportunity to be involved in extra-curricular aspects of school life, including running a code club, assisting with music, art, drama and sport.
· To help with the supervision of pupils on a variety of school trips.
· To assist with school entrance exams, Open Mornings and parent evenings.
· To attend and contribute to departmental meetings.
· To develop professional skills through INSET and CPD opportunities.
· Any other duties which may be reasonably requested by the Director of Computing or the Head of the Junior School.
· All staff have a responsibility and duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils. Staff must be aware of the systems within the School which support safeguarding and must act in accordance with the School’s Safeguarding & Child Protection policy and Code of Conduct. Staff will receive appropriate child protection training which is regularly updated.
The Director of Computing will meet with you regularly and draw up a weekly timetable of commitments for you.
Essential skills and qualifications:
· Motivated, enthusiastic and hard-working
· Creative and independent problem-solver
· Organised, responsible and self-disciplined
· A sense of humour and a readiness to get involved
· Willingness to help teachers and pupils with their use of ICT
· A good working knowledge of ICT including Windows 10 and Apple devices
Hours of work:
The normal school day runs from 8.00am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. In addition, there will be Saturday/weekend/evening commitments (e.g. sports fixtures, school trips, entrance exam days, Open Morning, concerts and plays).
This is term time only post, from January 2020 – July 2020 (term dates can be found here: http://www.stpaulsschool.org.uk/info/term-dates)
Pro rata of the full time equivalent of 25 days per annum plus 8 bank holidays. As this is a term time only post, holiday pay will be incorporated into the annual salary.
£8,869 to be paid in equal monthly instalments for the duration of the contract (which includes holiday pay).
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: