To provide effective, frontline reception and administrative support to the School.
Main duties and responsibilities
· To be the first point of contact for parents, pupils and visitors and to sign all visitors in and out.
· To book prospective parents in for school tours.
· To answer all incoming telephone calls promptly; filtering and passing on messages as required.
· To monitor morning and afternoon registration on a daily basis, liaising with form tutors, sports staff and music staff and following up unexplained absentees promptly.
· To send text/email messages via School Post as required.
· To update the ‘off games’ register on a daily basis.
· To access the school database for relevant information on a daily basis.
· To help boys who visit reception and liaise with the school nurses if they are unwell/injured.
· To sign in parents/audience at school performances each term (approximately 2 evenings per term from 5-7pm).
· To collate reply slips and enter data onto excel spreadsheets as required.
· To assist with admissions filing after the 7+, 8+ exam days.
· To receive documents required for school trips and populate spreadsheets for the trip leader.
· To take in and count mufti money.
· To share other tasks as part of the school office team as required.
· All staff have a responsibility and duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils. Staff must be aware of the systems within the School which support safeguarding and must act in accordance with the School’s Safeguarding & Child Protection policy and Code of Conduct. Staff will receive appropriate child protection training which is regularly updated.
Essential skills and qualifications
· Proven experience in a receptionist role.
· The ability to work confidentially, efficiently and accurately.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be diplomatic and discreet.
· Well organised with good time management and the ability to prioritise.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Good IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Googledocs and experience of working with databases.
Hours of work
34 weeks (term time) + 5 extra weeks out of term time (an extra 10 days).
During term time: Thursday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm, with one hour for lunch.
During school holidays: Thursday – Friday, 9.00am – 4.00pm, with one hour for lunch.
Days worked during the holidays to be agreed with the Office Manager. Generally, it will be at least one day before the start and after the end of each time, with the remaining days being worked over the Summer and/ or Easter holidays.
Pro rata of the full time equivalent of 25 days per annum plus 8 bank holidays. As this is a term time only post, holiday pay will be incorporated into the annual salary.
£8,285 per annum, which includes holiday pay. This is pro-rata of the full time equivalent salary of approximately £25,500.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£9.41 to £9.41 per Per Hour
St Pauls, London, EC4V 5AB
more details »