Teaching Personnel are working with various SEN Schools in Central Manchester who are seeking a whole class teaching assistant to provide support across the Key Stages. This would be suitable for a passionate teaching who is able to work from their own initiative as well as take directions from the class teacher. You also need to be comfortable supporting children 1:1 and in small groups when necessary.
The successful candidate must:
- Have recent experience in a similar role as a teaching assistant or learning support
- Any SEN experience is desirable due to the nature of the SEN pupils you will be working with (ASC, PMLD, MLD and SLD)
- Team teach trained is desirable
- Enhanced DBS on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one
- Good behaviour management
- Have a caring an nurturing approach
- Be able to diffuse/deescalate a situation when needed
- Support the class teacher with the planning, preparation and delivering of lessons
What we can offer in return:
- Should you need a new DBS check, not only will we guide you through the process we will also pay for the new certificate
- A friendly and professional service
- Support with career development and progression
- A shared passion for teaching and developing children and young people
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our roles are subject to the relevant checks and procedures.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.This will be a temporary position and may go permanent at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: