Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Havering Council to provide them a with a Housing Appeals Officer to join their team on a Contract Basis!
Rate - £17.82+ per hour (negotiable dependent upon experience- Please submit CV with ate Required)
- Process and determine the statutory request for reviews and appeals under Part VI and VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002) and ensure decisions are made in accordance with legislation, case law and local policies.
- Process and determine all other appeals from residents such as fixed term tenancy reviews, introductory tenancies.
- Deal with legal challenges against statutory decisions including working closely with legal advisors to prepare responses and represent the Council at Court.
- Carry and manage a case load, working with individuals and their representatives by supporting and directing them to access other services, make onward referrals and signpost where appropriate.
- Assist in dealing with complex customer complaints made to the Housing Demand Service.
- Carry out other activities to improve the general understanding of the Council’s duties and responsibilities towards households in housing need, including outreach work with internal and external partners
- Good working knowledge of - Part VI and VII of the Housing Act 1996
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Khalsa Singh @ Spencer Clarke group – firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers