The Eurofins Forensic Digital Team provides a service in the forensic examination and analysis of computer and mobile exhibits to a number of Police Forces and other Government agencies in England and Wales.
To undertake operational tasks such as the analysis of a wide range of computer systems supplied for forensic examination. Produce written reports and statements relating to this work for possible presentation in court
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide written estimates to both the prosecution and defence for the forensic examination of digital equipment.
- Develop examination strategies on a case-by-case basis in order to prepare outline summaries of proposed work programmes to agreed costs
- Organise your own day to day casework activities in order to ensure that cases are carried out efficiently, to the required standards and cost, in accordance with good work practise and quality systems.
- To work in accordance with best scientific and commercial practice to deliver, often complex, computer investigation related projects on time, within budget and to the appropriate quality
- Attend customer premises to advise and assist in seizure of equipment and on site acquisitions
- Oversee Research and Development work completed by other members of the team
- Produce appropriate reports and delivery expert evidence on findings
- Review of colleagues reports / statements to ensure quality and maintain standards
- Handle exhibits in accordance with evidential rules and technological safeguards to ensure the integrity of each case
- Buddy or mentor junior members of staff
- Provide accurate and understandable briefing / customer presentations
- Liaise with customers in order to keep them abreast with progression of their cases
- Review and keep abreast of appropriate improvements in technology.
- Consider areas for improvement in the role or processes that will have a positive impact on quality and effectiveness