Graduate Teaching Assistant (January 2019– April 2019 ) - Salford
A smaller than average secondary school located close to the area of Worsley in Salford, are wishing to recruit a Graduate Teaching Assistant on a full-time temporary basis starting in January to April in the first instance. This exciting opportunity is perfect for a Graduate who is considering a career in secondary teaching!
This supportive and inclusive secondary school in Salford are seeking the support of a dynamic and passionate graduate to become a Teaching Assistant who will support a group of identified pupils who are requiring additional support in and outside of the classroom with the core subjects to ensure they reach their full potential. Due to a larger pupil intake at the school this academic year, class teachers are struggling t o provide the required additional support.
Role and Responsibilities of the Graduate Teaching Assistant role:
- Assisting the class teacher by providing support to identified pupils in small groups and on 1:1 when required
- Working alongside the pastoral team to deliver tailored support to ensure the needs of each pupil is met (e.g. grade borderline, mild SEN such as Autism and behaviour)
- Having a flexible and adaptable approach to the learning of young people
- Helping pupils aged 11-16 reach their full potential
- Supporting teachers with lesson planning and preparation when required
Key Aspects of the role:
- Full- time Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Working at supportive secondary school in Salford with a desirable ethos and visions
- Starting January 2019 to April 2019 in the first instance
- Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm
- Weekly pay – £280-£300!
- Fantastic opportunity for a Graduate who is looking to gain experience prior to a PGCE
- The school would like it if applicants have previous experience working with young people
- Exclusive access to a range of CPD courses to boost your teaching teacher e.g. a free Safeguarding course, Effective Behaviour Management, Autism Awareness, Team Teach and more!
To apply for the Graduate Teaching Assistant position in Salford starting in January, please submit your CV below expressing your interest and detailing any relevant experience!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: