We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our firm in Leeds. This opportunity would suit someone who is operating at a Senior Engineer grade or at Engineer level who wants to progress their career.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be client facing. Working with the Team Leader and other engineers. You will have the opportunity to develop and deliver, coordinated, collaborative and technically excellent design solutions that reflect our clients brief and aspirations.
Our Leeds office was established 25 years ago, it is city centre based with commitment to our local region. We also work on significant projects in the UK and worldwide.
Recent significant local projects you may be aware of include Leeds Trinity Shopping centre, Victoria Gate and New Merrion House and many others.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and possibly Internationally.
- You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on medium to large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office,
- You will work on a varied portfolio of projects both regionally and nationally. These span a cross section of sectors with specific local focuses on Science and Research Laboratories, Higher Education, Residential, Data Centres, Custodial, Residential, Commercial, Heritage, Healthcare. Leisure. & Retail.
- Responsible for dealing successfully with Clients and other professionals
- Competently represents Hoare Lea at project meetings
- Host and chair internal project team meetings
- Work under own initiative as lead discipline engineer on a significant or complex project.
- Contribute to the professional development of individual team members.
- Actively leads self and identifies opportunities and providing support for career development of others
- Ensure quality standards and technical accuracy is delivered.
What We Are Looking For
- A detailed technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering
- Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- You will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- You will be able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
- Understand and identify resource needs
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Working towards or have achieved Chartered Engineer status.
- An individual who likes working in a team environment and relates well to others
Why Work For Us
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- A competitive contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
- Significant opportunities for career progression
We are an award winning international firm of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEP) Consulting Engineers. With a focus on building services, our design-led service is supported by our commitment to innovation and sustainability. We look at the building as a whole and are involved in all aspects, from initial client discussions through to the building’s occupation and optimised carbon performance. By combining our MEP engineering design expertise with a range of complementary specialisms, we’re able to offer our clients a unique service.
This is an exciting time to join Hoare Lea as we are focused on growth, both in the UK and overseas. We are large enough to provide stability and opportunity, and small enough to recognise our people as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth.
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates.For questions please contact email@example.com
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon you providing evidence of your right to work in the UK.