The DOIT organization is looking for a UX Design Manager to join a design team in Edinburgh as part of a strategic investment to build technology that will enable Amazon to adopt the most scientific approach to Global Talent Management. DOIT builds intelligent products and services that offer a consumer grade user experience and use science to manage talent development at Amazon by embracing our leadership principles culture. Our designers are responsible for creating and maintaining the key talent management experiences that are core and common across Amazon. In DOIT we are building the intelligence that will enable Amazon to retain its unique 'Day One' company culture whilst growing its talent base in excess of 1 million employees.
As a UX Design Manager you will join a team of engineers and designers responsible for the development of our product and services that implement our 3-year vision. You will invent and develop a framework for the future of Talent Management at Amazon that enables a modern, mobile-first website experience for hundreds of thousands of employees. Are you passionate about delivering a consistent, accessible, inclusive employee experience? DOIT, come invent with us!
We're looking for a pragmatic manager and innovator that can translate business needs into customer-focused solutions, understand and advocate for our customers, and innovate and pitch new ideas that address those needs. We're interested in hearing from you if you are a talented and experienced design leader with exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication skills, and solid design instincts. The right candidate will be detail-oriented, comfortable working on complex UX challenges, skilled in using data to make decisions and able to handle multiple projects at once.
You lead by doing and have a passion for solving problems at massive scale. You excel through innovation, creativity, and attention to detail. You are a proven strategic thinker and collaborator who flourishes in a large organization. You sincerely believe that design is more than how something looks, but also what it is, how it feels and how it functions. You enjoy great design debates and thrive on iterating based on customer feedback. You are passionate about growing and mentoring others, instilling a strong design culture within an organization and have a track record of implementing mechanisms that enable great design.
You will join our design-driven organization and will work on Amazon's hardest problems. You will contribute to defining and raising design standards across the DOIT organization. You will exert design vision and will build highly scalable solutions that are aligned with our business needs. You will possess a unique blend of technical breadth and depth, paired with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
We are looking for a leader who can:
• Collaborate and work cross-functionally with design, program, and engineering teams to develop the vision for innovative new solutions, solving some of our toughest challenges.
• Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets on a range of products; follow through with the processes and tactics to fulfill the vision
• Use various inputs to identify and define exciting new concepts, opportunities, and customer problems.
• Oversee close coordination with the product management and engineering teams to develop a shared vision of a product and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product's objectives
• Inspire, mentor, and lead a designers at multiple stages in their career. Develop the people on your team into new roles, coach them on performance, and create an environment that allows them to deliver their best work.
• Lead cross-team conceptual development by being a strategic thought leader in how to implement unmatched experiences that represent the most customer-centric intersection between design, business, content, and technology
• Work strategically with other executives and team members across the organization. • Demonstrate systems-level design thinking, deliver design solutions that scale