Are you a highly motivated Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic who's looking for a new, rewarding challenge and a chance to vastly improve your work/life balance?
If so, Independent Assessment Services has an excellent and unrivalled opportunity for you to develop your skills and qualify as a Disability Assessor based in Burnley
As an Assessor, you will utilise your clinical knowledge and broad-based medical experience by carrying out face to face assessments and examinations on people's disabilities and illnesses in a holistic manner. Such assessments focus on how a person's health condition(s) may impact on their ability to carry out daily tasks.
The role will not require you to provide any treatment or advice. Instead, you will compile evidence from each appointment in order to write clear and concise medical reports based on your findings.
This is a permanent position. The standard working hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. No weekends, nights or bank holidays are required
* Nurses (RGNs, RMNs, RNLDs)
* Occupational Therapists
* 2 years post qualification experience
Salary £32,000 per annum
* 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
* Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
* Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
* Health screening every two years, after one year's service
* Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
* All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more.
Life as a Disability Assessor
You'll benefit from comprehensive full-time training, coaching, mentoring and day-to-day support. The initial 20-week induction programme will teach you to complete assessments and write reports on behalf of DWP. Support is ongoing and will allow you to become a proficient and qualified Disability Analyst.
Due to the broad range of conditions and disabilities you will encounter, each day will be different and varied. There are clear prospects for career advancement and professional development, with your existing clinical knowledge being enhanced through the varied nature of the role. You will be conducting assessments through a combination of home consultation visits, assessment centre-based appointments and paper based reviews.
You will use your existing, and newly acquired skills, to determine how a person's health condition or disability is impacting their daily life, whilst recognising that individuals may be affected in different ways. While the role is autonomous, you will have the excellent benefit of being able to share knowledge with a team made up of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, paramedics and nurses from the fields of mental health, general nursing and learning disabilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career, take on new and exciting challenges, and enjoy a genuine work/life balance within an established organisation.
For further information and a full Job Description please call Maxine on 01387 371203 or alternatively forward your CV for consideration.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: