The Shieling provides support and accommodation for individuals with learning disabilities, autism and other complex needs. We provide quality support that is based on respect for individuals and their right to make choices. Our support is focused on individual needs and enabling people to live as independently as possible.
As a Senior Support Worker you will be a key member of our team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our service users. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting service users in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible. Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital; experience however is not essential, providing you have a willingness to learn and the compassion and patience needed to support individuals with support needs.
1. Supervises and supports the delivery of person centred support and care, ensuring that the people who use our service have any personal needs or requirements met; including personal care, participation in activities and support with daily living tasks.
2. Supervises support workers in delivery and supports people who use our service in achieving their outcomes in the way that they choose.
3. Support staff in own team to maintain effective professional relationships with the people who use the service, their families, colleagues, outside agencies and other professionals referring any issues to senior staff as appropriate.
4. Acting as a positive role model, provide effective supervision and leading a team as a shift leader, and guidance for own team contributing to their performance and professional development.
5. Inputs into development of local procedures and supervises staff in own team to ensure all actions comply with policy and procedure and are in line with regulatory, statutory and compliance requirements and meet quality standards.
6. To undertake keyworking responsibility for individual service users, supporting the individual to plan goals and personal outcomes and ensure that these are comprehensively documented and reviewed.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: