We are continuing to change the way we do IT at the University of Dundee. With a programme of significant transformation underway, we have big ambitions for our services and the way we deliver them. We have a new team firmly focused on providing outstanding service to all our stakeholders wherever they are, measured by overall satisfaction.
Our developing information environment is more responsive to new technologies, and this is due to our commitment to building coherent relationships between support functions and across academic schools. We're continuing to develop IT competencies among our staff and service users, and we're maintaining a rolling programme of investment in facilities and systems.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join us as a UX & HCI Solutions Design and Implementation Specialist
within our Solutions Design and Implementation Team
, to work on the implementation of solutions across IT and with our key internal partners.
UoD IT has digital ambitions to 2022, which focus on improving business processes with digital technologies functions. These ambitions are more than simply automating an existing process and will be key to enhancing our current business models for student success, world-leading research and public engagement.
If you relish a challenge, desire to make a difference, want to work and contribute to a forward-thinking department with a commitment to diversity, inclusion and high-performance team working, this could be the job for you.
Your priorities will include:
- Champion usability, accessibility and inclusive practice when contributing to the design, build and transition of services
- Ensure new and updated IT systems follow HCI and UX best practice design principles
- Lead on the completion of equality impact assessments (EIA) as part of the IT system and policy design
- Deliver services and integrate 3rd party products using a range of technical skills including Windows, Linux, Virtualisation, Directories, etc. to a range of platforms including Windows, Apple desktops and where appropriate mobile devices
- Establish strong working relationships with key internal partners across the University
Who we're looking for:
- An enthusiastic and motivated individual
- Ability to manage workloads under pressure and to tight deadlines with an analytical and systematic approach to investigating problems and resolving issues.
- Experience of translating technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa
- Relevant ICT/service delivery management experience of working in an ITIL-based framework
We are one of the UK's leading universities, internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Our purpose is to transform lives, locally and globally, which we do as a community of staff (Professional Services and academic Schools), students and alumni. Professional Services directorates are vital to delivering the University strategy and driving change across the University.
For further information about this position, please contact Mark Stephenson
at [email protected]
To find out more about UoD IT please visit www.dundee.ac.uk/IT. Closing Date: 17 December 2019
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee one of the top universities in the UK. Family-friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN and Stonewall, as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.