Anglia Ruskin University have an exciting opportunity for a Fitness Coach to join our growing team in Chelmsford, Essex.
Job Title: Fitness Coach
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: £21,814 + Excellent pension scheme with uncapped matched contributions, 24 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday and access to free university training courses.
Job Type: Full-time working on a shift rotation to cover the gym opening hours of 6am to 10pm.
Anglia Ruskin is an innovative global university with students from 185 countries coming to study with us. We've once again been named as one of the top 350 institutions in the world in The Times Higher Education's World University Rankings 2020.
Located at our brand new gym facility due to open in January 2020, our gyms handy location, convenient opening hours and wide selection of equipment provides options for everybody, no matter the goal! It has been completed refitted with state of the art equipment and sits over two floors.
As our Fitness Coach, you’ll contribute towards the smooth operational running of the gym facilities in Chelmsford whilst providing excellent customer service, in order to recruit and retain members.
Fitness Coach – The Opportunity:
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within a state of the art gym whilst being part of a bigger sports and fitness programme of the university which will lead to other exciting career opportunities.
- There will be the opportunity to benefit from lots free, additional training through the university giving you the opportunity to upskills in areas which could be outside of fitness such as IT, marketing etc.
- This is an excellent opportunity to get in at the start of this new gym venture and grow alongside this venture with the support of the wider university and a supportive and encouraging management team.
Fitness Coach - You Will:
- Have a range of GCSE qualifications (ideally A-Level qualifications)
- Possess a Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification (ideally Level 3)
- Have experience working in a gym, working as part of a team within a customer focussed environment
- Ideally, you will have experience of delivering gym inductions
- A good communicator, able to convey your fitness expertise and advice.
- Able to sell gym memberships and products
- Possess good IT skills and be able to analyse data
- Be passionate about health and fitness
- Ideally have experience writing fitness programmes
- Ideally have experience using leisure software / database systems.
Fitness Coach - Key Responsibilities:
- Provide a high standard of gym-based services to members including inductions, setting challenges and assisting members with fitness enquiries.
- Recruit new members by promoting the benefits of an active lifestyle, conducting facility tours and selling our membership packages.
- Retain existing members through up-selling additional services and products including fitness classes, personal training and merchandise.
- Contribute towards Team ARU and university initiatives relating to wellbeing and student recruitment.
- Provide a welcoming environment for gym users by ensuring that equipment is clean and fit-for-purpose, all facilities are fully functional and that users comply with our gym rules and etiquette.
- Deal with enquiries by members of the public, staff and students. Ensure that information is provided in a friendly, timely and accurate manner.
You will currently be a Fitness Coach, Fitness Instructor, Gym Instructor with experience working in a fitness environment. However we would encourage applications from people have their level 2 Gym Instructor qualification who perhaps don’t have any fitness work experience but do have a good level of qualification in fitness / sports related subject (i.e. Degree level).
To submit your CV for this exciting Fitness Coach opportunity, please click 'Apply’ today.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: