Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Structural Designer for a project based in Aberdeen, with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Responsibilities included but not limited to -
- Executing assigned scopes of work
- Supporting task delegation to team
- Providing discipline expertise to the business
- Manage and supervise direct reports
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific Procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline support to the business
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution
- Deputising for Principal as required
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Interact with multi-discipline Engineering Teams
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across the project / contract interfaces
- Engage with inter-discipline community and promote discipline including: networking / knowledge sharing
- Establishing and / or maintaining an awareness of external stakeholders including: industry bodies, academia, vendors, client interface as appropriate and requested
Skills / Qualifications
Skills and qualifications -
- HNC / HND or equivalent professional qualification with relevant considerable experience.
- Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position.
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context.
- Professional demeanor, interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate team working skills.
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.