Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
Why this role matters
You and the team will assure the quality and availability of data to the business, ensuring our data jobs run smoothly and efficiently and driving automation wherever we can. You'll own the team backlog and prioritise work and resource accordingly. And you'll coach and mentor your team too.
What you'll be doing
• Managing a team of data engineers, their workstacks and prioritisations
• Ensures all data management jobs are operationally efficient, and all documentation is available and maintained
• Input into the data management strategy
• Keep our Customer data secure and maintain our obligations (e.g. EUGDPR)
• Investigation and acquisition of new strategic data sets and enhancements
• Works closely with the business to understand requirements and translates these into data blueprints and design for operational feeds, jobs and processes
• Deliver strategic and complex data solutions (in collaboration with BT Technology where appropriate)
• Deliver agile data solutions for short term business requirements (e.g. data transformation)
• Ensures we have top class analytics data collection across platforms (including digital and driving consistent tagging)
• Manage data structure to enable full omni-channel customer journey modelling and reporting
• Applies the appropriate standards and principles when delivering data ingestion and data
• Manages documentation of data assets and processes, including management of data mart (itunes for data)
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Strategic thinking and planning; driving efficient ways of working and operating model
• Making the difficult, simple to clearly communicate latest data and reports to all levels of the organisation.
• Expertise in data management technologies and ways of working
• Analytical and Critical thinking skills prepared to challenge conventional thinking
• Highly numerate with strong analytical skills coupled with good commercial awareness.
• Proficient with SQL and data interrogation techniques to support insightful analysis
• Good knowledge of ETL tool
• Good Understanding on development techniques that drive efficiencies
• Python development skill are advantageous
Why choose us?
We've always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world's first telecommunications company. At our heart we're a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers - those are the values we live by whilst also creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
Today in this fast changing, always on, digital world our purpose remains true. Yet the market conditions, regulation and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward we'll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that's you and what you're looking for, we'd love you to be part of our future.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We're creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That's why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.