Arup are an independent firm of designers, planners,engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range ofprofessional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in theworld.
We have an exciting opportunity for aSenior GIS Consultant to join our Digital team in the Midlands. Our team hasfour areas of focus – data and database management, automation andvisualization, digital design, and web/software development. We are looking forsomeone with strong data management skills and project management experience towork on multidisciplinary projects.
We are a global group of technologyconsultants who combine leading technical domain and market expertise to offerworld-class advisory services and solutions for our clients. Our teams have adeep understanding of our client’s businesses, the physical and virtualenvironment in which they work and the technology trends and the challengeswhich exist.
For many years, we have also been advisingclients on building resilience by delivering beneficial, creative andsustainable solutions. Impacting on society, the environment and economy usingthe United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG) as a framework.
* Geospatial data specialist required to support projects and digital transformation, driving quality and efficiencies.
* Responsible for all aspects of geospatial data management and quality on high profile projects
* Leading GIS work packages on projects, coordinating Digital/GIS technical teams and mentoring junior staff.
* Key responsibilities will include management of an enterprise GIS system and developing processes to create bespoke analysis solutions.
* The role will require a methodical approach to work, with a good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in working to required standards.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
* Advanced experience in ESRI ArcGIS v10.3 and above.
* The ability to solve complex problems, learn and adopt new technologies as required by project demands.
* The ability to communicate complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
* Project coordination skills, proven success in coordinating teams to deliver multi-disciplinary projects.
* Working knowledge of Python and/or FME.
* Common data environments and BIM workflows.
* Proven track record in Quality Assurance.
* Extensive relevant GIS work experience.
DesirableSkills and Knowledge
* ArcGIS Enterprise and SDE.
* DBA skills, Postgres, PostGIS, SQL Server.
* Higher education in GIS, with professional PM accreditation such as Prince 2.
Shape your time withus
Our goal is to shape a better world. Andto do that, we need to make Arup a great place to work for everyone. If we wantto solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract thebest peoplefrom the widest talent pool and create an environmentthat supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valuedfor their contribution. This includes people with disabilities so pleasediscuss any adjustments that you may require throughout theselection and assessment process with yourrecruitment contact.
At Arup, you’ll be awelcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural andsocial events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or byjoining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to a range offlexible working options – whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student,or just have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it’s not always easy tocommit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexiblestart and finish times, working from home or working part-time, please let usknow when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join us in shaping a better world.
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels,and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UKHealthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, AccidentInsurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefitsare funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to supportand safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You willalso have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can chooseto take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of ChoiceBenefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees areeligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employeescan receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on thefirm’s financial performance.
How can we best work with you?? Whether you’rea parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not alwayseasy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range offlexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, workingfrom home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options,please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in yourrole.
If you share our passion, why not talk to usabout a rewarding career with Arup?