Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
We design, deliver and support solutions and services which enable organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT and communication and networks.
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS2 (National Roads Telecommunication Services), NRTS is the network of communication and control that Highways England uses to monitor and manage England's motorways and major trunk roads, it is a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country's 4,400 mile strategic road network.
The contract includes a major technology transformation programme in addition to general maintenance and management of the network; The transformation programme comprises of 11 technology projects, including the introduction of new wireless and IP CCTV services, new management systems and the next-generation upgrade of all technology, this will ultimately enable Highways England to prepare for the future and enable safer roads, more efficient delivery and a better road user experience.
• Structured in way of working
• Excellent communicator
• Team Player
• You are expected to be flexible, creative, innovative, and dynamic and committed
• Be able to work in disciplined procedural way
• You will recognise that service credibility is hard won and easily lost and will take a proactive approach towards problem solving and identifying areas requiring improvement.
• This role requires an individual that will go the extra mile to exceed expectations
• Previous experience in a service and operational support role.
• Be able to work under pressure and work often to tight deadlines to meets customer SLA's.
• Daily and weekly reports, risk reports
• You are required to be part of a 24 x7 x 365 NOC team and be flexible in your approach to providing customer support.
• You will ensure they are able keep abreast of the product sets and relevant developments in the marketplace to achieve continuous business improvement towards incident management.
Excellent Employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
• 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year.
• Company pension scheme.
• A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers.
• An employee-funded car leasing scheme.
• Occupational health support.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
16800 GBP Per Year
Birmingham, B1 2NP
more details »