Retail Team Leader (12 Month FTC) - Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter.
Due to constant growth and expansion we are now seeking a new Team Leader to join this very fast, high growth, multimillion-pound operation. The successful post holder will support our Retail Manager to maximise sales and profit performance of Warner Bros. Studio Tour London through customer service, implementation of commercial standards and effective stock management.
We are seeking a strong team leader who has experience of motivating individuals to achieve team goals along with demonstrable success of delivering enhanced customer experience from customer feedback. The successful post holder will support across three of the following Harry Potter Shops:
- The Studio Shop - Our Studio Shop offers a range of specially selected collectible items, replica wands, confectionery, apparel and much more.
- The Forbidden Forest Shop- The Forbidden Forest Shop is full of forest themed souvenirs, from Aragog plush and Peppermint Toads to the Forbidden Forest print designed exclusively for the Studio Tour by graphic design duo, MinaLima.
- The Railway Shop - After stepping on to Platform 9¾, our visitors can take the chance to explore our Railway Shop full of souvenirs, gifts, homeware, apparel and more.
- Ensure our sales targets are achieved by fully maximising all sales opportunities, deploying our sales team to the most effective areas of the store and to minimise customer wait time.
- Optimise the service provided by team, leading by example, to increase customer conversion and average spend.
- Monitor and review results and evolve processes accordingly.
- Lead and motivate staff in order to achieve the highest possible levels of sales performance.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Support staff training to ensure the team is fully equipped to meet customer needs, deliver optimum levels of service and maintain visual standards.
- Participate in daily briefings to keep all members of the team fully aware of activity within the department and the business.
- Support ongoing performance management and staff development.
- Adhere to all H&S policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all visitors and staff.
- Support till reconciliation and cash control.
- Support the retail team at WBSL as part of a duty management team (as part of a seven day week rota including weekends and evenings)
- Participate in cover of the Studio Tour as necessary including weekend, bank holiday, school holiday and late evening cover in rotation with other team members.
- Supervisory experience in a similar retail environment (or the tourism, leisure or heritage industry).
- Experience of having worked in an environment where high emphasis is placed on service, product presentation and commercial management.
- Highest levels of customer service.
- Motivates individuals & team to achieve goals.
- Communicates in a timely & effective manner to enhance store operations.
- Interacts effectively with customers & staff.
- Works as part of a team with a flexible approach.
Up to 40 hours a week working shifts.
Regular weekend and evening work required.
Because of the adaptive nature of this role flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business.
WBSL are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.