The Management Accountant role is a contract role for approximately 6-9 months.
The Management Accountant is a finance professional with commercial acumen, analytical thinking and the ability to challenge the business to drive cost savings, efficiency gains and promote accelerated growth. The role partners with the business to support allocated teams in all matters financial including education, achieving targets, forecasting, special projects, efficiency savings. The key is bringing finance to life to help supported teams deliver in-line with business objectives and will include challenges & influencing as much as support. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Partner with allocated departments, working on a regular cycle to educate, challenge, support and advice on all financial matters.
- Timely preparation of financial and management reports, including trend analysis, investigation of queries, and budget versus forecast, to identify and steer departmental activity towards business/financial objectives.
- Review monthly financial reports prior to distribution accompanied by the financial analysis of revenue and costs showing current financial year progress versus budget.
- Oversee balance sheet and month-end queries, produced by Assistant Management Accountant.
- Assist with the monthly forecasting process, and input into department business cases.
- Develop reporting processes to drive cost savings on assigned Income Statement lines.
- Challenge the commercial thinking of allocated departments to maximise value for money.
- Build strong relationships with Financial Accounting, and work together to ensure accurate and efficient reporting and resolution of queries.
- Work alongside other members of the FP&A team to drive improvements in systems, processes, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Work on projects as assigned to enhance the delivery of FP&A initiatives within the organization.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process through data collection and trend analysis, adhering to corporate goals and objectives.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to influence non-finance teams in a clear and transparent manner.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, able to work towards the goals of FP&A, Finance, and the wider business.
- A clear understanding of, and competency in, Finance best business practices, financial accounting, and accounting systems.
- Process improvement experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information.
- Ability to operate and influence at all levels within the organization up to the CFO level.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent.
- Qualified Accountant or strong finalist (ACCA/CIMA/ACA).
- At least 5 years of relevant public accounting or Finance/Accounting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of financial software applications, proficiency in MS Office applications, advanced Excel.
Description Key Responsibilities Benefits