Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
We design, deliver and support solutions and services which enable organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT and communication and networks.
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS2 (National Roads Telecommunication Services), NRTS is the network of communication and control that Highways England uses to monitor and manage England's motorways and major trunk roads, it is a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country's 4,400 mile strategic road network.
The contract includes a major technology transformation programme in addition to general maintenance and management of the network; The transformation programme comprises of 11 technology projects, including the introduction of new wireless and IP CCTV services, new management systems and the next-generation upgrade of all technology, this will ultimately enable Highways England to prepare for the future and enable safer roads, more efficient delivery and a better road user experience.
Remotely monitor and Identify Incidents through the NPMD and element managers;
• Log Incidents accurately and in line with timescales;
• Categorise and prioritise Incidents accurately and efficiently utilising information contained within the CMS;
• Notify the Customer relationship Manager and Stakeholders impacted by Incidents in line with Incident notification timescales;
• Remotely investigate and diagnose Incidents utilising the NPMD, element managers, KEDB and information contained within the CMS;
• Remotely resolve Incidents utilising approved processes and procedures;
• Coordinate road space booking and TTM where required;
• Assign field resources and Sub-contractor resources as appropriate providing all required information to carry out activities efficiently and effectively;
• Identify accurately, order and coordinate the delivery of spares to maintenance field engineers;
• Provide remote support to maintenance field engineers and Interfacing Organisations to test and prove resolution through the NPMD and element managers;
• Ensure that the Incident record is kept up to date throughout the Incident lifecycle;
• Collaborate with Interfacing Organisations effectively to resolve Incidents, managing and tracking Incidents allocated to Interfacing Organisations throughout the Incident lifecycle;
• Establish and record root cause upon resolution of all Incidents;
• Ensure that all Incident details are accurate and auditable with accurate Event A - H timestamps recorded and all associated information contained or linked within the Incident record;
• Close Incidents following proving timeframes and within Target Service Level timescales;
• Maintain rapport with Customer and Interfacing Organisations by displaying a detailed understanding of requirements and maintaining high levels of Incident ownership through the Incident lifecycle to a satisfactory resolution;
• Deliver remote planned maintenance activities in line with the Maintenance Schedule, following documented processes and procedures, including roll back;
• Responsible for ensuring that excellent customer service is provided consistently, by following up actions in a timely manner,
• Provide regular Customer and Interfacing Organisation updates and delivering on all commitments made;
• Undertakes Service Desk activities, out of hours
Management Skills Required:
Degree/HNC/HND qualification or demonstrable experience and relevant technical qualifications in a technical role within a NOC environment maintaining and managing customer
Demonstrable technical, operational knowledge of the communications systems, which include transmission & IP Networks
• Experience in a Service and Operational Support role
• ITIL Desirable
• 3 to 5 years in a technical support environment
• Be able to produce technical reports and communicate effectively any findings
Excellent Employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
• 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year.
• Company pension scheme.
• A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers.
• An employee-funded car leasing scheme.
• Occupational health support.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£21,000 per annum
more details »