Field Survey Specialist for Gyroscopic surveying based out of our office in Aberdeen. This position will perform services throughout Europe, Africa and Caspian. This position will be on an ad-hoc schedule.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Achieve Competence in the following tasks for at least one type of Designated Service survey operation:
- Applying surveying theory to survey operations
- Applying survey operations technology
- Using all tools, gear and equipment to perform survey operations in the field
- Using Gyrodata, Inc. software, including Field apps, SharePoint, and Multivendor and OASIS
- Applying Gyrodata Quality Assurance systems and standards
- Using field service manuals while performing survey operations
- Using preventative maintenance manuals
- Checking, testing, assembling and installing tools and equipment in the field
- Collecting surveys and/or additional data
- Removing and disassembling tools and equipment in the field
- Presenting survey results to clients at jobsites
- Preparing and maintaining documentation for client jobs, including job tickets, daily reporting, end-of-well reports and all applicable administrative paperwork
- Performing general shop duties for tools and equipment, including testing and verifying
- Submit to and comply with all applicable Gyrodata, Inc. and pre-employment screenings and qualifications, including audiograms, physicals and drug testing
- Complying with all Gyrodata, Inc. and client safety and training requirements and providing corresponding documentation, including Jobsite Awareness forms and site work permits
- Travel as directed by Operations Coordinator to perform job duties, including rotating assignments in various regions
- Represent Gyrodata, Inc. in a positive and professional manner
- Once Competence is achieved for the Designated Service, serve as lead on lesser complexity jobs as assigned by the Operations Coordinator
Comply with applicable quality assurance standards
- Having a positive and responsible attitude towards the health, safety and environmental (HSE) aspects of their daily routines, thus contributing to the development of a healthy and safe working environment.
- Having a thorough knowledge of the HSE policies and procedures that are applicable to their job function and work place.
- Assist with ensuring that all applicable HSE policies and procedures are properly and constantly applied to R&M activities.
- Reporting all accidents and incidents that occur, within their sphere of control, in accordance with Gyrodata procedure GD-HSE-003.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- High School Diploma, GED or regional equivalent
- Successful completion of Surveyor Trainee position or equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license and clean motor vehicle record
- Ability to work non-office hours and weekends as necessary
- Ability to perform duties according to on call schedule
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to use a computer for accessing and sending e-mail, opening and revising documents, accessing internet and web-based Gyrodata, Inc. systems, including SharePoint, HRIS and ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Associate's Degree in a technical or mechanical field
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a similar field from an accredited 4 year college or university
- Experience in oilfield services industry