Our client is a long established company based in Northallerton. Innovative and dynamic, they are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services and products they offer. An opportunity has arisen for a HR Officer / Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for a HR Officer / Administrator to join a company that has rich history in Northallerton and boasts one of the most well respected names in their industry.
Salary is negotiable on experience.
Your duties will include:
- To input as required by Senior Directors to the drafting of the annual budget and plan.
- To input to the annual staffing plan and monitor progress on a monthly basis.
- Maintain and manage budgeted wages and retail staffing levels. Prepare information and report monthly or as required to the Retail Director.
- Planning and control of staffing and management schedules and ensuring shortages are covered as required.
- Maintain and manage the effectiveness of the HR office, finance and operation functions by preparing up•to•date information and reporting weekly or as required to the Retail Director. To include the management of rotas, scheduling and monitoring of holidays and TOIL to retain a balanced workforce within budgets. ii. Month end close out to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial results.
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection process including drafting and placing advertisements, job descriptions and preparing contracts of employment.
- Review and prepare policies and procedures for the induction of new employees.
- Prepare and implement training policies and procedures including preparing records, schedules and plans for all employee. Ensure all training records and files are maintained and updated.
- Prepare and implement policies and procedures for succession planning across the company.
- Prepare and implement policies and procedures for the annual appraisal procedure.
- Prepare HR policies, procedures and ensure L&C handbook is maintained and updated.
- Maintaining the stability and reputation of the retail outlets by complying with legal and licensing requirements including HMRC, HSE, EHO, Trading Standards, Fire, Hambleton District Council, Police. Responsibility for spot checks on a monthly basis.
- Identify and dealing effectively with building maintenance requirements.
- Protecting employees and customers by providing a safe and clean retail environment.
- Securing shops and stock by implementing security and fraud control systems and measures.
- Providing information for outsourced payroll, monthly wage postings to Accountants.
- Responsible for own Personal Development Plan
To be considered for the role of a HR Officer / Administrator:
- You will demonstrate exceptional numerical skills with the ability to identify and analyse trends.
- You will be a strong communicator influencing both internal and external stakeholders at different levels.
- Ideally, you will demonstrate advanced skills in Microsoft excel with an appetite for large amounts of data.
- An eye for detail is critical as well as attention to detail in the information you will be producing
- You will already have gained strong organisational and time management skills
- You will enjoy being independent and able to work on your own initiative
- Exceptional inter•personal skills, exhibiting tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and absolute professionalism at all times.
- You will have operated in a similar role previously
To apply for the role of a HR Officer / Administrator, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: HR, Human Resources, Recruitment, Payroll, CIPD, HR Officer, HR Supervisor, Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Administrator
Baxter Personnel, Darlington, DL1 4WD