Our client is a renowned travel company and due to increasing success, are now looking for an experienced Fitter, to join their team on a temporary leading to permanent basis after an initial 12 week probationary period.
- As a Fitter, you will be responsible for ensuring that all vehicles are maintained, that they are reliable, safe and available for service at all times in accordance with relevant legislation and company policy
- Carry out inspections and repairs on company vehicles and complete associated paperwork
- Prepare vehicles for annual test above DVSA standards and complete associated paperwork
- Carry Out Vehicle Servicing
- Light Welding, Heating & Cutting
- Carry out minor electrical repairs
- Carry out minor body repairs
- Carry Out First Use Checks & Return to Service Inspections and complete any associated paperwork
- Carry Out Wheel Nut Inspections
- Drive company vehicles, where qualified and perform associated tasks as directed.
- Be a proactive positive team member
- Be flexible and be able to adapt to the companies needs when requested.
- In the event of breakdowns, accidents, changeovers, to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers and to co•operate with Police, DVSA and Local Authorities
- To ensure that equipment and cleaning materials are not abused and any faults reported to Management
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act or any other Acts, rules or regulations which the company adheres to
To be considered for the role of fitter you must have;
- Minimum 1 years' experience working with coaches