CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
If it takes seriously complex IT systems to keep your organisational skills challenged, and you’ve never encountered a network you didn’t want to improve, there’s a digital revolution brewing in the UK that could use your talents.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
This represents an opportunity to help shape and build a key domain within CGI as part of an ambitious plan of continued growth - supporting delivery, member and client engagement in a new engagement area.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
As a Windows Lead Engineer within one of our Secure business domains you will be in a client-facing technical leadership role in support of delivery and client engagement activities.
• Helping develop strong relationships with clients during engagements to enhance CGI’s standing
• Optimising existing services through CSI and automation, thereby eliminating significant service incidents
• Mentoring and coaching staff to achieve higher standards of technical excellence
• Contributing to a high level of client satisfaction through excellent delivery
• Ensuring clients understand the full range of CGI capabilities
• Supporting CGI sales team to secure further related work where required in client business development activities
• Developing and maintaining a high level of expertise in infrastructure services, and propagating this expertise across the CGI team
CGI is seeking a Lead Engineer with a strong commercial track record to manage a large scale Microsoft virtualised datacenter infrastructure utilising the Microsoft System Center Suite of applications and a deep knowledge of the following:
• Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016
• Windows 10 desktop clients and Virtual desktop infrastructure.
• Red Hat Linux
• Active Directory and Group policy
• Certificate Services
• Microsoft System Center Suite including SCCM, SCVMM, SCORCH,SCDPM, SCSM, SCOM
• Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint
• DHCP and DNS
• VMware ESXi 6.7
• DFSR and file replication
You will be able to demonstrate significant experience as lead engineer where you have developed senior client relationships to deliver optimal business solutions.
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
What you can expect from us
Business is transforming fast. And at CGI, you’ll be at the centre of a digital revolution. As one of the largest independent technology and business services companies in the world, we can deliver exciting opportunities for you to build your career.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: