Our client is looking to recruit a Material Handling Operator ensure that the general management of materials is in accordance with the defined procedures.
- Location: North Acton, London
- Pay: £10.55-£11 per hour
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 40hrs per week
- Type: Temporary
- Start Date: ASAP
- End Date: 01/03/2020
- Stock control utilising the stock management system
- Receive, dispatch, inspect and issue materials
- Update the relative order/materials databases
- Ensure Stores security is maintained
- Monitor status of depot fire equipment
- Assist technical staff in the identification of materials and raise order requests
- Receive local SAP orders on behalf of all depot personnel and distribute as required
- Logistics Function
- Assembling, packing materials/goods according to logistical demands/programs in order to support timely handing of the dispatch orders
- Loading and unloading of the trucks in a careful manner in order to ensure the released goods are moved and stored without damage and in line with manual guidelines
- Daily and weekly checks of all technical devices and systems used for handling materials are carried out in order to ensure a high safety standard and long economic life-time
- Completing regular checks of the different storage facilities by using visual checks and testing storage conditions such as environment, weight, size, type of goods in order to ensure that the material is stored correctly and if necessary to able to take corrective action at an early stage
- Ensuring that materials are picked in accordance to the maintenance exams of the trains and that the items are delivered from the Stores, taking into consideration legislation and procedures, are supplied in good time to the receiving units
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good level of computer literacy, excel and word knowledge
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Warehouse and/or logistical experience
- Driving License
- Fork Lift License
- Basic engineering knowledge
- Previous experience in a Stores role
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy