At AECOM we consult with our clients to modernise, expand and deliver the most iconic and complex building and infrastructure projects in the world. We do this by leveraging our world-class talent, scale and unique service offering to produce results. It's one thing to imagine a better world. AECOM was built to deliver it
We are looking for Cost Managers and Senior Cost Managers at various locations across the UK to work with our key infrastructure clients, particularly in the water and environment sectors, supporting the delivery of their capital projects and programmes of work.
Although this is a direct and permanent vacancy with AECOM we will be making our hiring decisions via approval from our clients, as these vacancies can sometimes work in a similar way to secondments. This means our recruitment process may be longer than the norm and that offers will only be made with approval from both parties.
About The Role
Cost Managers provide a comprehensive, accurate and value driven service for large, high profile and exciting key infrastructure clients.
Your role will cover the whole project lifecycle from initial inception / business case through to completion / commissioning. You will be involved in all aspects of cost control / audit procedures, preparation of estimates & tender documentation through the feasibility, design and procurement processes and onto the site delivery / commissioning phase of a project.
- Ideally Degree Qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar qualification and holding Chartered status. ?
- Professionally qualified with one of the following: RICS, APM, CIOB, Prince2
- Good working knowledge of NEC suite of contracts, particularly the Professional Services Contract (PSC) and Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC)
- Experience of working within a client organization, either directly or through a co-location/secondment arrangement
- Clear Infrastructure and project management experience ideally with large infrastructure providers/organisations
- Experience of working as part of integrated, multi-organisation, collaborative teams
- Some knowledge of the JCT suite of contracts
- Experience of working within a client organization, either directly or through a co-location/secondment arrangement would be of benefit.
- Experience managing one or more very complex project, e.g. national clients, multidiscipline services or projects that involve litigation, due diligence, environmental protection etc
- Highly motivated and with excellent industry network
- You must be able to demonstrate a high level of oral and written communication as well as presentation and meeting leadership and stakeholder management experience
Your Benefits Will Include
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements.
Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Business Line Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230837BR
Additional Locations UK - Ashford, UK - Basingstoke, UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - Bristol - Portwall Place, UK - Cambridge - Wellbrook Court, UK - Croydon - Bedford Park, UK - Exeter, UK - Leeds, UK - Liverpool, Merchants Court, UK - London - Aldgate Tower, UK - Manchester - 1 New York Street, UK - Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK - Nottingham Regan Way, UK - Peterborough - Clarence House, UK - Plymouth - Plumer House, UK - St. Albans
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.