We’re looking for a highly numerate individual, you may have some experience in payroll or accountancy or may be an administrator with an interest in learning more about payroll. We’re offering full training for the role, so you will have all the tools to succeed.
You’ll need to be comfortable on the phone with a professional phone manner as you’ll be handling queries and managing them in-line with the client’s and 247 Time’s expectations. Working in a team of 3 within a friendly open plan office, you will feel part of the business and there will potentially be opportunities to be involved with some of the wider business also.
Your core role will be to contribute to the maintenance of the operational efficiency of the 247 Time payroll, ensuring timely, accurate, and confidential processing and reporting of payroll. In addition, the role is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate financial processes and procedures are followed to achieve efficient and timely operations. Provide where required assistance to other team members, candidates, agencies and clients.
- Maintain payroll information, directing the collection, calculation and entering of data.
- Updating of records by reviewing information and ensuring corrections are made.
- Assisting in the production and issuance of pay and payslips.
- Assists in the resolution of any discrepancies.
- Ensures that any queries are managed in a prompt and professional manner.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Maintains candidate confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning completing tasks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other related tasks as required.
- Provide leadership, supervise and train where required, the payroll team.
- Oversee bank accounting in respect of payroll escrow accounts.
- Production and storage of any legal documents such as p45’s, p60’s, etc.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and improve new processes.
- A high level of literacy and numeracy is required and a high level of attention to detail and data entry accuracy.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service principles & practices.
- A high degree of common sense with good verbal and listening skills.
- Proficient in computer applications with an understanding of using Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel, SharePoint & Word.
- Personal characteristics: a high level of interpersonal skills is required as the role required speaking to users with differing levels of seniority.
- Day to day good organisational skills.
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes.
- Accurate data processing.
- Recruitment Agency & NHS experience is useful.
- Experience in payroll is useful.
- An understanding of Payroll legislation.
- This role is offered on a 12 month fixed term contract.