Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join the core team on TAQA Harding, 2/3 rotation. The successful candidate will support the day-to-day running of the platform by safely performing mechanical maintenance tasks on platform utility and production equipment.
With respect to the maintenance group, this role is accountable for maintaining a positive safety culture ensuring that all tasks are carried out within the law and company policies & procedures.
- Maintenance of mechanical equipment including pumps, compressors, turbines, valves, gearboxes, pipe work, tanks, pressure vessels, hydraulic systems and associated support frames.
- Installation and maintenance of certified mechanical equipment in hazardous areas.
- Inspection of relevant devices including rotating equipment, valves, pipe work & flanges.
- Suggest changes to mechanical equipment to improve plant safety, efficiency and reliability.
- Execute work to Premier standards including bolt torquing and tensioning.
- Conduct isolations (spading/de-spading) to conform to Safe System of Work.
- Tidiness and cleanliness of worksite conditions.
- Mentor Apprentices in conjunction with Supervisors.
- In conjunction with your supervisor progress and complete training plans as identified by your annual appraisal and competency matrix.
- Minimise wastage in all areas of work e.g. un-used materials returned to stock.
Business & Industry Experience:
- Experience Offshore Platform equipment or similar
- Understanding of Platform safety procedures and culture – ability to work within these
Skills / Qualifications
- Time served in recognised trade apprenticeship / S/NVQ