In this key role, youll carry out inspections, risk assessments, faulting and maintenance on level crossings throughout a geographical area. Whats more, youll be responsible for developing, planning and implementing proposals for improving operational safety. Strong professional relationships will be the key to your success. Youll work closely with maintenance depots and safety professionals. As the principal point of contact for the area, youll review planning applications involving level crossings and you will arrange the drafting of necessary paperwork for modernisation and renewal projects.
Safety is one of our very highest priorities. Taking a conscientious approach, youll always put safety first. Well look to you to respond proactively to any faults and safety risks recording them clearly, and reporting them promptly. With our national scheme for safer crossings making an impact nationwide, there has never been a more important time to take on this vital post.
· Good knowledge of relevant ORR Principles and Guidance
· Working knowledge of tools and techniques for quantified and qualitative risk assessment
· Experience of Stakeholder Engagement/Management
· Excellent communication skills, both in person and in written reports
· Demonstrable relationship building and influencing skills
· Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need
· A recognised risk or health and safety professional qualification
· Member of the Institution of Railway Operators
· Previous experience in an operating, engineering, station or safety environment
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£18,000 per annum
Tewkesbury Business Park,Gloucestershire
more details »