- Technical leadership and governance of the ME team under your control
- Deliver line side shop support and qualified and certified technical solutions to the Dowty production lines through your team of Manufacturing Engineers
- To own the shop floor process instructions, quality metrics and standard man-hours involved in your production area of responsibility.
- Attend regular plant review meetings aligned with the GE Aviation’s Production System (GEAPS).
- Champion LEAN and structured problem solving and robust root cause corrective actions (RCCA) using industry best practice methods.
- Identify process and technology improvements and see them through to implementation.
- Develop Dowty Core processes to continue to be world class.
- Influence and drive the improvements necessary in the various production lines and their respective integrated product teams (IPT)
- Be on the cutting edge of composite and manufacturing technology/ shop floor advancements.
- Conduct Research & development with industry and academic partners.
- Provide technical and commercial support to the supply chain through the sourcing teams.
- Represent Dowty inside GE and across the world in terms of the best in class use of technology..
This role is to provide technical expertise and leadership experience into the Dowty Manufacturing Engineering Department based in Gloucestershire, UK.
You will lead a multi-disciplined team of manufacturing engineers who take technical delegation for Dowty Product Lines used to manufacture aerospace carbon fibre propeller systems to Time, Cost, Quality and Safety Targets. We are also a repair and overhaul centre for Composite Fan Blades from GE Engines such as GE90.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualified in a suitable engineering discipline or demonstrated experience/knowledge in lieu.
- Demonstrated experience of composite (CFRP) production, surface coatings and assembly to aerospace requirements.
- Proven experience in Manufacturing Engineering or a similar technical function.
- Experience of communicating at all levels of complex organisations.
- Project Management experience
- Excellent Technical problem solving and troubleshooting
- Lean Practitioner and supporter.
- Experience of New Product Introduction / New Technology Introduction.
- Able to balance daily demands vs project work / long term problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communications,
- Demonstrated cross functional working.
- Experience of production tooling.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Master’s Degree qualified in an engineering subject.
- Chartered Engineer
- Project Management Qualification (PMP or equivalent)
- Six Sigma
- Experience of dealing with suppliers (including tooling suppliers) and commercially astute.
- Experience of dealing direct with customers
- Experience of R&D programmes
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of our