Cummins are now recruiting for our 2020 intake of 12 month placements in the UK, which provide a meaningful opportunity for university students to accomplish real-world projects in a professional environment.
If successful on the programme you may be given the opportunity to work part-time during your final year of study and/or be offered the opportunity to return as a graduate.
Supporting the Quality and Project Management Team in Cummins Business Services.
Ensuring successful delivery of key business projects and continuous improvement.
Working closely with the IT, HR Services, Finance functions and Cummins Business Units to ensure customer service excellence in the shared service provision for a global manufacturing company.
* Provide administrative and logistics support for the Quality and Project Management Team
* Serve as a resource on projects and work assignments; employing basic knowledge of effective project management and general business understanding
* Manage small portions of well defined projects
* Identify, track and work with others to resolve project issues
* Monitor and communicate project status to project team
* Assist with managing project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk
* Maintain project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Manager on status of specific projects and assignments
* Support quality function in continuous improvement and problem solving
* Team member on 6 Sigma Projects
Training in Corporate IT tools (such as Skype for Business, Microsoft SharePoint, Power BI). Structured placement training opportunities (covering various soft skills such as presentation, communication, time management & interpersonal skills.)
* Relevant training to the job role offered (may include training with systems, business systems analysis tools, problem solving tools, business process improvement tools, project management training, ITIL, system development lifecycle tools and methodologies)- role dependent.
* Training in technical skills (may include Oracle database design and development, use of PL/SQL & Toad).
* Functional on the job training depending on location / role (may include training on supply chain, distribution, warehousing and logistics, manufacturing, engineering and test labs.)
* Potential to build further knowledge and skills supporting community activities such as young enterprise, interview training and public speaking skills training.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated individuals who are innovative, driven to succeed and with a passion to challenge the status quo.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
University or equivalent undergraduate degree in Business, Project Management or IT related subject required.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to learn, analyse, and understand business and technical processes.
* Must be a team player with ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at one time.
* General IT proficiency and understanding.
* Problem solving.
* Competent in Microsoft Office.
* Technical knowledge related to Windows PC/Server technologies, networks and mobile telecoms would be advantageous for the role in Peterborough and one of the roles in Darlington
Closing date for applications 31stJanuary 2020
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Darlington-UK, Darlington, Centenary House
Job Type Cooperative / 12 Month Placement
Recruitment Job Type Student - Cooperative/12 Month Placement