Heating and energy services for the home are evolving which means we will be able to bring more useful, valuable and brilliant products to our customers. As Product Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping, defining and delivering those products. Working in collaboration with a talented team of UX designers, developers and business leads passionate about their customers and users, you’ll bring lean, modern product management practices to create experiences that our customers will love.
CORGI HomePlan provides boiler, central heating, plumbing, drains and electric cover to our customers. It became a member of the OVO Group in May 2017, and is now on a new phase of its journey, with exciting ambitions to aggressively grow its 178,000 customer base beyond and service offering over the next 2-3 years.
CORGI HomePlan has started working with Kantan, a startup funded by the OVO group, to rollout a mobile app to all its independent gas engineers. The app aims to significantly improve the gas engineer experience, and as a result customer experience, of managing their jobs and associated admin more easily on a day to day basis.
Reporting to the Head of Product, your main responsibility will be to develop a product strategy and integrate the system supporting our boiler insurance system. You will then support its rollout to several thousand engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
* Support the London-based Kantan team in scoping out the requirements for the Kantan-CORGI HomePlan API.
* Lead the integration of the API.
* Lead the Scrum ceremonies (Backlog refinement, Sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review, sprint retro)
* Ensure customers and gas engineers are at the heart of every product decision
* Focus on setting and achieving product Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that deliver on Kantan’s business goals and objectives
* Work with agile development teams to translate business needs into deliverable product releases centred around the customer and gas engineer.
* Understand and manage the operational impact on the CORGI HomePlan business and the business rules driving each workflow.
* Design and implement an iterative approach for the progressive rollout of the engineer mobile app.
* Travel to London at least once a month
We’d love to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following…
* 3+ years of Product Owner/Management experience ideally with backends or APIs within agile development teams
* Excellent stakeholder management skills
* Background or demonstrated capabilities in business analysis.
* Passion for digital, agile, software product management that increases value for our customers and engineers
* Ability to breakdown larger product outcomes and features into smaller increments
* Team player who embraces collaboration within your team and across the business
* Analytical thinker with demonstrated ability to deep dive into the technical architecture of a complex business.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
The role is based in Edinburgh, just a 1 minute walk from Haymarket Station.