We need Senior Software Development Engineers who will touch every part of our platform, and can grow with us. This will include gradually transforming our monolithic services into sleek elegant, scalable and maintainable services.
At Growth Street, we’re passionate about helping growing businesses succeed.
We operate a product called GrowthLine that offers borrowers lines of credit from £25k up to £1m. Our product is similar to a traditional bank overdraft, but we want to be smoother, faster and more efficient. We support GrowthLine with a peer-to-peer platform that matches retail investors’ funds with the working capital needs of our borrower customers.
Whether we’re speaking to customers or to each other, we try at all times to live by our core values:
- Be curious – We celebrate diversity and we love to learn new things. Whether you’re passionate about football, scuba diving, opera - whatever your interests - we want to hear from you. We’re eager to learn, share and use knowledge to positively impact our customers: that’s why we ask everyone to be curious.
- Be in sync – We’re only as strong as the sum of our parts, and when we bring our skills and talent together for each other and our customers we are at our most exciting. That’s why we are always working to be in sync.
- Beat expectations – At Growth Street, we work for our customers. We’re dedicated to thinking about what customers need, now and in the future, and going out of our way to beat expectations.
- To provide significant contribution to the future architectural and scalability decisions around how software is built at Growth Street
- To deliver production quality code.
- To execute your robust system design & architecture knowledge, with an eye towards solid testing, scalability and availability
- To design distributed data processing systems using queue/scheduler approaches with Celery and beyond
- To lead and apply a test-driven approach to all engineering moving forward, coaching the team to this goal, shortening the feedback loop across the SDLC
- To work with business stakeholders, product owners and business analysts to analyse requirements, develop ideas and design solutions
Our tech stack includes, but is not limited to: Python 3.7; Django 2.2; PostgreSQL; Celery; AWS.
You could be a great fit if you have a genuine interest in the following:
- Have some experience working in a modern tech stack building complex solutions using Ruby, C++, C#, Java, Python and frameworks like Django or Flask will be of interest to us.
- Applying SOLID principles to everything you do.
- Building Scalable Web solutions.
- coaching and mentoring other engineers to build secure, extensible and performant web applications to support our customers.
You will be part of a fantastic and energetic team that constantly demonstrates the values of being curious, being in-sync and beating expectations.
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- A strong and clear company culture focused on growth
- Training, equipment and IT budget
- The tools you require to get the job done
- Free access to bike storage, showers, and changing facilities
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Budget for books, weekly lunch & learns and a busy social calendar
- Flexible working arrangements
The role is based out of our London office. We are located 2 minutes from Aldgate station, and just over 5 minutes from Liverpool Street station.
More information about engineering at Growth Street is available at https://www.growthstreet.co.uk/engineering
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and offer a diverse working environment.