AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military.
The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus group is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2013, the Group - comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters – generated revenues of €59.3 billion and employed a workforce of around 144,000.
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Description of the job :
A vacancy has arisen for an RF - Microwave Equipment Design Engineer within the Communication Products Group based in Portsmouth. The Communication Products group is responsible for the development of RF and Digital Equipment for use in telecommunication Satellites.
This role is focussed on the design and manufacture of RF equipment such as SSPAs, LNAs, Frequency Converters, Receivers and Beacon equipment for satellite payloads from UHF through to Ka band. The availability of advanced Payload Equipment is the driving force behind the telecommunication satellite industry, and the team is a proven world leader in this field.
We are committed to offering continuous training and career development. We understand that our success is based on our people and we strive to offer all our employees an enjoyable and rewarding career.
The successful applicant will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Design and manufacturing support for a wide range of equipment including new Power Amplifier and frequency converter products covering electrical RF/DC performance analysis, assessment of mechanical realisation and oversight of production test
- Undertake detailed design of amplifier matching circuits, filters, mixer circuits and entire circuit line-up using Keysight ADS.
- Perform development testing.
- Co-ordinate design activity, manage BoM and product documentation.
- Generate equipment analyses and present at internal and external Design reviews.
- Support product production including results reviews and problem solving from sub-circuit through to equipment level.
- Technically Liaise with Customer and Partner companies
This is an office-based role but it will involve occasional travel within the UK, Europe & North America/Canada and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Required skills :
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- The candidate will be educated to degree level in an engineering related subject
- Experience in RF-Microwave circuit design and development of sub-system architectures for high frequency analogue equipment, ideally (but not essential) in satellite communications.
- Recent experience with Keysight ADS (preferably version 2011 and later)
- Experience using RF and microwave test equipment
- Comfortable liaising with internal projects and component suppliers.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics
- Substantial analytical and technical problem-solving skills particularly within a manufacturing environment.
- A driven, committed team player with a passion for maintaining high standards
- Ability to produce clear concise technical design documentation
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.