An amazing job opportunity has arisen for a committed Senior Staff Nurse to work in an exceptional care home service based in the Walsall area.. As a Nurse you will be working for one of leading health care providers.
At this special Care Home, there are trained staff available to provide enablement health beds to people needing short term support. These transitional placements in to the caring and secure environment of a specialist care facility have proved to be very successful with partners and warmly received by our short stay residents.
As a Senior Staff Nurse your day to day duties include:
- To lead the Home’s nurses and teams on the nights that you are on duty.
- To act as first on call on the nights you are on duty.
- To actively participate in the provision of the Service User care philosophy in the Care Home in order to ensure the highest possible level of Service User care at all times
- A professional and caring service is provided to Service Users at all times.
- Conduct random audits weekly on ABC charts/One to one obs/Sleep Charts/Care files.
- To actively participate as a team member of the Care Home.
- Take responsibility and manage the home and staff in the absence of the Care Home Manager/Deputy/Unit Lead.
- A high level of team spirit is entered into in order to maintain good team morale.
- Chair the flash meetings at 20.30hrs with the nurses, on the nights you work.
- Ensure all care home staff comply with relevant dress codes and personal hygiene standards in the care home and are fully presentable at all times.
- Full awareness and compliance of Company policies and procedures is achieved and when co-operation is given with training in any changes and updates to such policies
- and procedures.
An ideal Senior Staff Nurse must have these skills as they are beneficial for this position:
- RGN/RMN/RNLD Qualification
- Registered to Nursing & Midwifery council; current PIN number; compliant with re-validation requirements
- Conversant with Mental Capacity Act, Best Interest Assessments and Deprivation of Liberty
- Attend mandatory training sessions as follows;
- Fire safety
- Manual Handling
- Infection Control
- Elder abuse
- Health & Safety
The successful Senior Staff Nurse will receive an excellent salary of £18.00 per hour. This exciting position has Full and Part Time hours for Night Shifts only. In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
- Paid Breaks and handover time
- Paid Annual NMC Registration fee
- Nurse Development Programme (monthly workshops with our on-site Nurse Training Manager)
- 24/7 Management support (via on-site management during the daytime and on-call manager at all other times)
- Working with a minimum of 6 Staff Nurses on site at all times
- Excellent Training – (delivered face:face at our on-site state-of-the-art Training suite and on-job training)
- Excellent Career opportunities
- Company Pension Scheme
- Staffing rotas visible at least 4 weeks in advance
- Free Staff Parking/Subsidised staff meals plus many other benefits
To be considered for this position you must be qualified as a Nurse either RGN, RMN or RNLD
Reference ID: 718
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call Sharon Stuart on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org