Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
**Why this role matters**
Group Business Services (GBS) is part of BT Group that delivers diverse range of business services across the whole of BT. Our vision is to create an organisation that is fully aligned and integrated with the customer facing units.
It's an incredible exciting time for HR in BT Group as we help the business to respond to a number of strategic challenges and opportunities. Few organisations in the world have the scope, complexity and scale of opportunity that we are faced with, and it is critical that we have the right capabilities, and ways of working across our HR function to support the business.
We are leading on delivering best in class talent and career development planning to enable GBS to be a brilliant place to work, day-to-day and as a long-term career.
**What you'll be doing**
• People Strategy to underpin business unit ambitions: Design and develop a local people plan to enhance the success of the business unit and provide HR leadership to senior leaders and their teams.
• HR Strategy: Provides business insight to CoE's and HR Services to facilitate continuous improvement into the business unit. Support delivery of the people strategy & plan defined by Senior HR Manager, GBS.
• Organisational Development & Design: Works with functional leaders and their DR's to review their structure and ways of working so it aligns to the businesses strategic goals
• Culture, Values & Engagement: Works with Senior Leaders to co-create engagement plans, and support initiatives to embed the values and culture
• High performing Teams: Coaches and develops leaders at all levels, manages and mitigates people-related risks to ensure retention of key employees, developing leadership succession plans, managing capability and high performance and overall healthy churn.
• HR Effectiveness: Brilliantly manages HR activities such as recruitment, resourcing, absence, performance, and employee relations in conjunction with matrixed specialist HR teams to deliver the people plan and its strategy.
**We'll also need to see these on your CV**
• Experience of managing employee relations issues and providing guidance to senior leaders
• Experience of relationship management with career level C and above stakeholders, ideally in a HR Business Partner role
• Experience of leading people interventions e.g. talent, career to improve business capability
• Experience of having worked in global, multi-country HR role
• HR qualification e.g. CIPD
**Why choose us?**
Corporate Functions help deliver our strategy and plans for growth. We shape and steer the direction of the business by managing our people, finances, shared services and buildings. We also oversee our legal, regulatory and compliance obligations too.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We're creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That's why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.