MAXIMUS UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MAXIMUS, Inc., operates several business lines in the UK, including the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, Remploy, Health Management, MAXIMUS People Services and Revitalised. MAXIMUS employs 4,000 local staff, including over 1,400 doctors, nurses, occupational therapists and other Healthcare Professionals. Operating from more than 270 locations in the UK, MAXIMUS is one of the largest providers of employment, health and disability support programmes in the country. Learn more at maximusuk.co.uk.
To conduct medical assessments and examinations, including brain injury, and produce concise reports for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team
- Undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP. File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment. Such assessments include all aspects, inculding brain injuries, and focus on how a disability affects day to day life in performing work related activities.
- IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
- Provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
- Ensure that professional practice standards and “best practice” are maintained in all areas of work.
- Deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between the Centre and the DWP and to respond positively to feedback.
- Undertake recorded assessments where required.
- Work unsupervised and use own initiative; understanding own limitations and requesting support when necessary or required.
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a professional and concise report.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff.
- Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the GMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time as required.
- A medical practitioner who has, since full registration, consolidated their clinical skills with a minimum of 2 years’ post registration general experience, working primarily in patient facing roles dealing with a wide range of clinical conditions.
- Full unconditional registration with the General Medical Council with a valid license to practice.
- Demonstrate maintenance of professional development to ensure successful re-licensing in accordance with the GMC code of professional conduct.
- A background including rehabilitation medicine, disability assessment / analysis or psychiatry, general practice or occupational health is desirable.
- To have completed ECDL or equivalent is desirable
- IT literate with experience if using a range of software
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills and ability to successfully negotiate and respond to rapidly change work environment
- Experience of change management and ability to successfully influence and negotiate.
CHDA is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
Where reasonable, CHDA will review and consider adjustments for those applicants who express a requirement for them during the recruitment process.