Immediate Start Available!
Are you a Night Support Worker (Care) looking to change people’s lives?
Langley House Trust has an opportunity for a Night Support Worker (Care) to join our care home based in Cheltenham on a full time or part time, permanent basis working either 30 or 40 hours per week. The successful candidate will receive a salary of £15,948 to £21,264 per annum (depending on hours worked) plus pension and excellent benefits
We are an innovative national Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives – with proven results. Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none.
We love our work and have Investors in People Gold Accreditation and we’ve recently been named the Care and Support Provider of the Year 2019 in the 24Housing Awards. Our work is interesting, supporting those with multiple needs, including substance misuse, mental health needs or a learning disability as we provide a safe and calm environment from which clients can plan their next steps and gain greater independence.
As our Night Support Worker (Care) you will assist in the delivery of a stable and effective programme by the efficient delivery of the day-to-day service; within set budgets and to the agreed levels of quality as defined within the Langley House Trust Business Plan, Quality Assurance Strategy and Key Performance Indicators, and in particular to support Clients to achieve the outcomes laid out in their Care/Support Plan. You will also ensure that the security of the project and its surroundings is maintained.
Responsibilities of our Night Support Worker (Care):
- Key work and support clients generally within your project,
- Provide personal care to identified clients
- Take an active role in the assessment and management of risk including the operation of physical and situational security measures to control the level of risk posed
- Maintain a clear and calm manner whilst managing client risk
- Ensure that all medication within the project is managed in line with Trust policy and procedures.
- Manage client meetings and facilitate the Client Inclusion and Training representatives
- Assist in the management of the referral process within the project to achieve agreed occupancy levels
- Apply Emergency First Aid response to clients and any other person in the building/grounds
- Ensure that the client is offered food according to their dietary need and has access to food and drink 24/7
What can we offer you?
- Pension 8%
- Annual leave up to 30 days
- Access to company holiday flat
- Employee Assistance Programme
Our Cheltenham project has a small friendly team of 16 and we have 11 clients. We support clients with multiple needs, mental health issues and substance misuse issues.
Quote from a current worker - Project Worker
‘’ I am currently working as a project worker at The Knole and I thoroughly enjoy my role supporting the clients. No two days are the same and I feel I get great job satisfaction from my role.”
If you are in harmony with the Christian ethos of our organisation and wish to join our team as our Night Support Worker (Care) please click ‘Apply’ now!
We reserve the right to close earlier if we receive sufficient applicants.
A satisfactory enhanced DBS and Adults Barred List check is required for this Night Support Worker (Care) role and job offers will be subject to the Trust receiving satisfactory evidence of the successful applicant’s right to work in the UK.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: