SUFFOLK, UNITED KINGDOM
Job details sector
Property & Casualty Insurance
Are you ready for a career or change? It’s the New Year and we are looking to expand our team! We are recruiting for Customer Service Claims Handlers to join our busy and dynamic Travel Claims department based in the heart of Ipswich City Centre, just minutes from the train station!
At AXA Insurance, we have 5,500 employees working in offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them to use our market leading insurance products to protect the things that are important to them, such as their home, car or business.
We are committed to developing our people and provide a structured career path where we invest in you and your future. We have a range of learning tools, training opportunities and a self-driven learning platform to make sure you have everything at your fingertips to develop and progress yourself and your career.
Take a look at our AXA stories to read what it's like to work at AXA and what people are achieving https://jobs.axa.co.uk/life-at-axa/axa-storiesWhat you will be doing?
Our core AXA values are a must:
- First point of contact for our customers reporting travel claims; this could be anything from flight cancellations, stolen possession, to medical expenses and many more
- Unfortunately sometimes our customers become ill or injured whilst on their travels, so you’ll support our customers through these difficult times and handle their claim effectively and efficiently
- Every claim is different and that’s what gives this role so much variety
- You will learn so much about travel insurance and general insurance and your career opportunities will be boundless
- Putting our customer first. They are our future.
- We want you to have courage and bravery to be able to make the right decision and challenge us where you think we need to improve!
- Integrity is our compass. We need to trust ourselves and each other. We need to trust our judgements in order to make the right decisions.
- One AXA – we are stronger when we work together. You need to be a team player.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
We want you to have self pride in what you do and what you achieve so a passion to get things right for your customers is essential. You’ll also need to have courage and bravery to be able to make the right decision.
Empathetic and understanding, you’ll have communication skills which are second-to-none and the ability to build relationships with customers.
- A professional approach to customers and colleagues
- Experience in working as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills
- An Inquisitive nature
- A strong proactive & pragmatic approach
- Experience working in a frontline customer service role, ideally in a claims or office environment
- Experience in decision making that is right for both the customer and the business
- Adaptable to change and a drive to do the right thing for our customers and business
Our contact centre is open between the hours of 8.00am - 8.00pm, Monday to Friday and Saturdays 9.00am-5.00pm. Our induction will be 5 weeks, 9-5 training starting on the 24th February please note we will not be able to accommodate any holiday during this time.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
Our reward package is a world-beater here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
- Competitive salary of £17,000
- Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
- Life assurance 10x reference salary (4x if not in the Pension Scheme)
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 28 days by your fifth year of service
- Interest free season ticket loan scheme
- Access to MAX Benefits where you enjoy cashback and discounts on thousands of retails, holidays and purchases.
- Flex benefits such as holiday purchase, dental care, bikes for work.
- 20% discount with EE
- 50% of Pure Gym membership
- Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including car, home and travel insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
- Investment in Professional Qualifications.
- 35 hour contracted working week
- Onsite restaurant and coffee bar
- Onsite Car park (Subject to waiting list)