Location: Reading Berkshire RG2 0PN
About the role
As a Warehouse Operative in our DC, your role will play a huge part in making sure our stores get what they need so our customers can have what they want, when they want it.
You’ll get the chance to work in a part of our business that is exciting, diverse and ever-growing.
Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
Shift Pattern: Various Shifts Available
You will be responsible for
You will need
- Having a key role in supporting our store colleagues by making sure orders are assembled correctly
- Picking and manually handling stock
- Maintaining a clear and tidy warehouse and ensure any potential hazards are dealt with safely, quickly and efficiently.
- Making sure stock is received, stored, packed and transported according to the highest standards
- Taking responsibility for your own and others safety whilst at work
- Using tools provided and training material provided efficiently
- Using your Mechanical Handling Equipment efficiently
- Working both independently and as part of a team
- To have passion about delivering great customer service.
- Energy to enjoy the buzz of working in a demanding yet rewarding environment.
- A driven and keen attitude to learn new skills as well as thriving whilst working in a supportive team.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- The ability to adapt to working in a fast-paced ever-evolving environment.
- Be happy to go that extra mile.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
As a colleague at Tesco we offer excellent benefits and rewards.
You will enjoy but aren’t limited to:
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- 10% discount at One Stop and 25% discount at Tesco Café
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) pro rata
- Uniform provided
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan – save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ after 3 months, and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 1 year
- Career development opportunities including apprenticeships and internal development schemes
Working in Distribution.
A store is only as good as the stock on its shelves. It’s essential that our distribution network is as good as it can be, because anything less than perfect means unhappy customers.
Fortunately, as leaders in logistics management, we are up to the task. Using the latest technology, we transport 60 million cases of goods to 3,000 stores every week.