We are seeking to appoint to the post of Deputy Headteacher an outstanding, inspirational and highly motivated individual who will work with the Headteacher, senior leadership team and staff to build on the school’s existing successes and take the school to the next level of achievement. The person appointed will need to have at least 2- 3 years of senior leadership experience along with a commitment to delivering the highest quality teaching and learning within a Catholic context.
The successful applicant will:
- be a practising Catholic
- have a clear vision for the future development of this Catholic school
- have the personality, drive and ambition to inspire both staff and pupils
- be passionate about ensuring all staff are motivated to work effectively with pupils to achieve their personal best
- be committed to engaging staff and pupils in all aspects of the school
- know how to effectively engage parents in their child’s education and the school
- have a proven track record of successful leadership and management of people at a senior level for a minimum of 2-3 years
- be able to communicate effectively and engage with the wider Catholic community
- be well qualified, suitably experienced and skilled to support the Headteacher and other members of SLT as well as middle leaders
- At least meet all the leadership standards for teachers and in some cases identify the areas they excel
Mount Carmel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS check is required for this post.