Travel between Oldham and Head office in Huddersfield is required
Woodspeen Training have been delivering Apprenticeship training for over 20 years across West Yorkshire & Greater Manchester, and we have close links with an extensive range of employers, including schools, local authorities and large Ltd businesses. Renowned across the North West and West Yorkshire for delivery of high quality L2 - L5 qualifications & training.
We are currently recruiting for Skills Tutor to deliver the Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning Framework, and the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard in schools within Yorkshire. The successful candidate will To take total ownership of learners' progress through their learning programme; ensuring that learners receive assessment, structured learning, and reviews that are required as part of an Apprenticeship programme. Candidates should hold the Assessors qualification.
The Post holder will also be required to enrol new Learners on to learning programmes with the Company as to maintain operational effectiveness, take total ownership of learners' progress through their learning programme; ensuring that learners receive assessment, structured learning, and reviews that are required as part of an Apprenticeship programme.
If you are a qualified Tutor and have experience and knowledge of within the education sector , then please read on!
Skills Tutor Key Accountabilities:
* Creating scheme of work and lesson plans for the Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning Framework and the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard
* Managing a caseload of Learners (aged 16 -18 and 19+) across Yorkshire
* Carry out learner assessments within area of occupational competence
* Deliver Functional Skills to learners where required.
* Deliver underpinning knowledge required as part of learning programmes
* Carry out regular learner reviews.
* To carry out any administrative work associated with the learning programmes that the Company delivers, such as completing learner documentation that is required as part of funding compliance.
* Ensure that monthly targets are achieved.
* Maintain regular contact with learners and employers within your area.
* Contact employers and learners and arrange a suitable and convenient time for enrolment.
* Carry out initial assessment, including additional learning and social needs, of learners and completion of associated paperwork (endorsements and sign up paperwork).
* Learner induction and completion of associated paperwork.
* To provide support to learners in centre or work place on a one to one and group basis.
* To perform such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
Skills Tutor Administration:
* Update and maintain relevant IT Systems.
* Monitor learners within your area of responsibility.
* Liaise with outside agencies with regard to learners within your area of responsibility.
* Ensure that you are up to date with ESFA funding rules.
* Quality assure all administrative documentation in your area of responsibility to an auditable standard with the Awarding Body and ESFA in conjunction with the Quality Manager.
* To apply the Company's safeguarding policy and procedure and raise any issues with the designated Safeguarding Officers.
* To take reasonable care of own health, safety and welfare and that of other persons who may be affected by his or her acts or omissions in the work place.
* To inform Line Manager of any work situation that presents a potential or actual H&SW hazard.
* To follow instructions and co-operate in respect of any imposed H&S duty or requirement and to use equipment supplied for H&S reasons
* To support the Company in ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act
* Work to promote and contribute to the Company's Equality and Diversity policies.
* To participate in the Company's staff appraisal ensuring set objectives are achieved