- To plan, execute and manage the production and delivery of daily food and assist where required for internal and external Sodexo catering events and to ensure they are delivered to an exceptionally high standard in line with company and client expectations and service level agreements,
- To manage service and standards and assist the manager with administration duties.
- Driving Food Quality and Standards
- To report to the Chef Manager and be the support to all Kitchen team to ensure they are trained and act accordingly as ambassadors of Sodexo.
- To ensure all company food safety, health and safety and statutory policies are adhered to and maintained
Experience in Industrial Catering preferred
Proven supervisory experienceMain Responsibilities
- 1 Work in the kitchen assisting in the daily preparation of food, making roads and innovations into creating food concepts, promotions, healthy eating and sustainable fish options
- 2 Comply with all company and client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health and Safety, Safe Working Practices, Hygiene, Cleanliness, Fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the workplace and training of staff in these.
- 3 Liaise with Cookchill, Grab & Go, Vending, Walmer House, Chefs and Management on all food service issues.
- 4 Liaise with HSE/ Training Manager to ensure all training is carried out weekly ensuring we are compliant with Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- 5 Ensure all training is carried out weekly ensuring we are compliant with Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- 6 With the Chef Manager plan and cost menus to meet the food service offer specified in the contract using Recipe Online and Chef's Work to ensure compliance with fixed food cost. Ensure compliance with menu planning, ordering and stock control procedures — ordering from Sodexo nominated suppliers.
- 7 Carry out craft training to improve production skills within the unit to ensure emphasis on healthy eating, presentation and promotions.
- 8 Ensure that control of raw materials and portions are to the company's standards and that food is served at the correct temperatures.
- 9 Ensure the store person receives and checks in goods against invoice for quantity and quality ensured temperature records are maintained. Ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the "first in, first out" rule and comply with health and safety regulations.
- 10 Ensure all costs and expenditure is within the budgeted levels agreed between the client and Sodexo. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases and stock as agreed with your Line Manager.
- 11 Assist the Chef Manger with walking the floor during service periods to ensure that excellent levels of service are being delivered, speak to customers to gain feedback on the service provided. On a daily basis complete pre and post service briefings with all staff to ensure they are fully informed of the menu items, promotions etc.
- 12 Liaise administration staff to ensure that the company's administrative documentation including wages, invoices and procedures are carried out to the Sodexo Way Compliance Standards.
- 13 Ensure all team members receive the appropriate statutory training as may be necessary to perform their job and improve performance and promotion prospects.
- 14 Ensure audits for cook chill are being carried out and appropriate actions are being taken.
- 15 Liaise with cook chill production supervisor to ensure all menus are out in appropriate time for orders to be placed.
- 16 Support the Line Manager in staff appraisals to promote good employee relations and operate with company procedures, legislation and the Investors in People Standards (staff appraisals to be conducted at least annually).
- 17 Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the company's and client's standards e.g. Health and Safety, food hygiene.
- 18 Ensure that the areas under your control are left clean and tidy at all times and ensure cleaning rotas are in place.
- 19 Ensure high standards of personal performance, hygiene, appearance and cleanliness at all times.
- 20 Ensure that all catering equipment within the kitchen is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to management / client and maintenance engineer, ensure they are rectified and equipment is not used until safe.
- 21 Ensure that the kitchen and stores are safe and secure at all times.
- 22 Ensure that the temperature of fridges, freezers and hot cupboards / serveries are monitored and recorded in line with company regulations and the Food Safety Act, ensure all areas comply with HACCP.
- 23 Ensure there is adequate cover in the kitchen at all times; plan work schedules according to skills.and abilities whilst maximising flexibility; plan holidays to achieve "self cover" where possible. Cover other areas during periods of holidays and sickness.
- 24 Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service which Sodexo provide.
- 25 Comply with all Sodexo company policies / procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- 26 Assist at any special ad hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours.
- 27 Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible always following company procedure and informing Line Manager.
- 28 Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or any other irregularities and take the appropriate action.
- 29 Carry out any reasonable request by management.
- 30 Initiate a process of continuous improvement by undertaking company promotions and extraordinary merchandising initiatives to ensure the profitable growth of the contract.
- Internal Contacts
- Finance, Operations, Purchasing, Executive Chef, Safeguard, Heads of Departments, District Management and all established staff.
- External Contacts
- Assist and support Chef Manger with current and prospective clients, customers and suppliers.
- Authority Levels
- Purchase of food supplies from nominated suppliers.
- Carry out initial interviews to short list stage
- Informal disciplinary action with staff in the form of counselling
- Obtain approval from line manager for any overtime or additional expenditure.
- Smoking only permitted in designated areas. Mobile phones must be switched off during working hours. Constraints may change from time to time, see staff notice board.
- During the course of his/her duties the post holder may have access to, or witness confidential information, which must NOT be divulged to any unauthorised person at any time.
- This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals. The post holder will be required at all times to perform any other reasonable task, as requested by the Line Manager in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
- To deliver a consistent level of service, within the company's standards to the contract specification and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets
- Comply with company and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH
- Ensure all staff fully trained in food hygiene regulations
- Hold 706/1 & 706/2 or equivalent, RIPHH and IOSH Certificates
- Working knowledge of Cook Chill Catering
- Work Knowledge HACCAP
- Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
- Good Organisational and Delegation Skills
- Craft skills base (NVQ 2 / City & Guilds or similar as minimum)
- Proactive Team Player
- Good Communicational Skills including written and spoken English
- Passionate about food and the delivery of great customer service
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate or similar
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.