Calling all Finance Superstars!
Looking for your next challenge & fancy working for one of the UK’s best-known professional beauty groups?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Managemnet Accountant to join our expanding company and industry leading beauty brand.
Is this you? Are you an ambitious, passionate individual driven by organisation and attention to intricate financial detail? Do you have previous experience in a similar role and hold an CIMA or ACCA qualification? If so, we want to hear from you now!
Overall purpose of the role
Reporting to Group Management Accountant, the Management Accountant is responsible for the production of monthly/yearly accounts working as part of the Finance Team.
As the Management Accountant in the multi-entity and multi-currency environment you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Delivery of the monthly close as well as year-end to tight deadlines.
- Preparation and posting of journals to close month end to deadlines.
- Production of timely management reporting packs with P&L analysis, comparison of forecasts/budgets with actuals and analysis of variances
- Assist with month-end and year-end close process and management reporting packs
- Support in the interim audit and financial audit and in the preparation of external statutory financial reporting
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Review and prepare payroll journals
- Create monthly payroll reports by department comparing budget, forecasts and actuals, reviewing and explaining all variances
- Manage and support the sales ledger department
- Fixed Asset register management and reporting
- Maintenance and reporting of IC accounts
- Ad hoc finance tasks and projects as required
- Provide accurate and timely financial and management reports, including analysis of variances against budget, to the directors, department heads and other stakeholders for review and direct departments towards improving financial performance
- Assisting the Group Management Accountant where required
- Ad hoc projects when required
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:
- Be CIMA/ACCA part qualified - Essential
- Have experience producing management accounts within similar industry, preferably retail
- Be highly analytical and possess a high attention to detail
- Have a high concern for accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent ability within Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Sage 200 experience - desirable
- Magento experience - desirable
- Strong work ethic, hands on and flexible approach to work
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary dependent upon experience
- 20 days holiday + bank holiday
- Study package can be negotiated
- Excellent development opportunities and commercial exposure
- Onsite parking