We are working with a market leading business based in Maidenhead in the hiring of an experienced Assistant Accountant. Working closely with the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation of payments and transactions for accounts payable in accordance with internal procedures.
- Completing month-end closing reconciliation and analysis of P/L and B/S accounts and assist with monthly/quarterly accounting reports.
- Complete Intrastat and EC Sales List reports to HMRC.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve queries.
- Assist in the development and implementation of necessary accounting procedures to ensure effective financial accounting compliance with relevant regulations.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors.
- Collecting outstanding debts in Euro’s, USD and GBP currencies by phone, email and letter.
- Resolving queries.
- Open, close and update details of credit accounts/proforma ensuring the company has all the relevant information on the debtor.
- Monitoring credit limits and reviewing them annually and when necessary.
- Releasing of held orders within authorisation table.
- Report to insurers and overdue accounts in line with the policy and report statistical analysis on quarterly turnover.
- Produce monthly reports including aged debtor’s analysis, bad debt provision, cash forecast and commentary on accounts over 90 days.
- Prepare and post employee’s/ credit card expense claims. Assist with posting AP invoices.
- Assist in the development and implementation of necessary accounting procedures to ensure effective financial accounting and compliance with any relevant regulations.
- Maintaining and reconciling all cash by way of BACS and cheques on the AR ledger. Reporting complex anomalies to the Finance Manager.
Our client is offering a competitive salary banding for this position and a benefit package including 20 days holiday per year rising to 25 days (Maximum) for each completed year of service, Pension (Employee contribution 5% Employer contribution 7%); and once probationary period is completed, Corporate Gym membership and Private Medical Health.
To be considered for this role you most have proven experience and soft skills in these areas:
- A broad background within a Finance/ Accounts position where you have experience in assisting month end close, month end reconciliations, journals, reporting, Sales ledger/ Accounts receivable and credit control.
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience, or actively studying towards your AAT.
- Excellent analysis and mathematical skills.
- Good communication both written and verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate Excel skills including pivot tables and look ups.
- Be a Team player