Job Title: Corporate Finance Director
Reference: South 633
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Corporate Finance Director based in our Birmingham Office, your main responsibilities will include:
• Proactive planning and management of staff on assignments
• To lead the planning process and the reporting to clients including leading on meetings as required
• To review the work of the assignment team
• Completion of transaction services assignments, whether they are financial due diligence reports or corporate acquisi tions.
• Liaising with other departments (e.g. tax) throughout the transaction.
• Liaising with other advisers (e.g. lawyers) throughout the transaction.
• Lead on the review of and comment on other transaction documents including other DD reports or legal documentation (e.g. SPA’s).
• Client liaison and management
• Departmental financial management
• Assisting the partners
• Relationship building with clients and contacts.
• Sourcing new clients and setting and management of the marketing program
• Presenting proposals for new work
• Attendance at marketing events
• Planning and executing the longer term strategy of the department along with the departmental partner
• To be involved in the recruitment process of new staff
As a Corporate Finance Director based in our Birmingham Office; your skills and qualifications will include:
• ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent, or an appropriate background in business (e.g. banking or management roles)
• Computer experience – Excel, PowerPoint and Word – Sage and financial modelling an advantage.
• Up-to-date technical knowledge in accounting standards.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Excellent presentational skills
• Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm.
• Self-motivation and positive attitude.
• Leadership skills
• Time management skills
• Demonstration of the ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action
• Ability to deal confidently and positively with poor and underperformance issues
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Michael Sharma Group Ltd
65,000 - 75,000
Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
more details »