At Golder, we thrive on challenges. Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder is driven by our purpose to deliver solutions to solve our customers' toughest challenges. From more than 165 offices worldwide, our over 6,500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, management, design and construction services across a range of market sectors.
Golder has a new opportunity for an EU Accounts Payable Officer to join our Finance
team based in Nottingham.
The EU Accounts Payable Officer is a Level B (Business Operations) position reporting indirectly to the EU Accounts Payable Manager. The focus of this role is to be responsible for the processing of purchase invoices and to provide accounting support and administration for project delivery in Europe. EU Accounts Payable Officer is a member of the Golder Associates Project Accounting Team. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Receive and distribute invoices for approval.
- Processing of invoices into BST.
- Assist with the preparation of weekly supplier payment runs.
- Ensure invoices are approved, coded and submitted for processing and payment in a timely manner.
- Ensure invoices are compliant with audit requirements and Golder purchasing policy.
- Provide assistance and support on purchasing policy, coding of invoices and accounts payable procedure to office staff.
- Respond to internal and external queries and requests for information.
- Obtain necessary vendor account information for new vendors.
- Reconcile supplier statements and follow up any outstanding items identified.
- Liaise with internal and external peers and stakeholder at all levels of the organisation.
- Ensure the delivery of effective accounts services to the business by providing technical mentorship and stewardship to other staff within the Finance and Accounting team.
- Petty cash management.
- Adhoc duties as required.
- Ensure actions and behaviours are aligned to Golder's Equality Policy at all times
This job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature of the main duties as they currently exist, but it is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule of tasks. The post holder is expected to work flexibly and respond positively to changing business needs. Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Ideally qualified to Degree level within a numerical based subject e.g. Accounting & Finance, Business Studies, Economics, Mathematics
- Demonstrable relevant experience in the area of accounts payable administration.
- Well-organised with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Team player with the ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Attention to detail.
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors. Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer