About The Role
The successful candidate will be able to interact easily with a broad range of customers, creating instant rapport and acting as a brand ambassador. They will be a natural promoter of customer service excellence, going out of their way to provide an outstanding store experience and to ensure that customers return time and time again. Hardworking and dedicated, they will quickly identify the needs of their customer and provide engaging styling options, offering ready assistance to exceed customer expectations and support the overall store performance.
- Delivers an outstanding customer service in-store to create by putting the customer at the forefront of all we do
- Maintains the highest possible in-store standards to provide a first-class shopping experience to drive customer loyalty and retention
- Has awareness of individual and branch targets and sales performances
- Treats the customer as the primary focus at all times and is prepared to go out of their way to meet the customers’ style needs and override any objection through tailored, appropriate questioning and observations
- Able to adjust selling style to adapt to different customer types through understanding and reacting to body language to recognise buying signals
- Achieves maximum sales and delivers on outstanding customer experiences through promoting an inviting and welcoming atmosphere
- Exceeds customer expectations through every individual interaction and ensure customers leave wanting to repeat the experience
- Actively greets, assists and sells in a professional and passionate manner through taking full advantage of all selling opportunities with the aim of building multiple sales and supporting key KPI’S
- Has extensive product knowledge in order to confidently offer bespoke, professional advice and communicate best sellers as part of the selling process
- Champions and drives all available customer loyalty mechanisms and ensures any targets associated with these are achieved through the team
- Provides the highest possible standard of professional, prompts customer service via all channels; face to face, email and telephone
- Actively pursues sales in a professional and friendly manner, taking time to fully understand the individual needs of the customer
Driving the business
- Is aware of target Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and branch performance against target KPI
- Strives to continually meet and exceed branch KPIs
- Has awareness of the brand and fashion trends, in line with the wider retail industry, to provide expert style advice and support wider fashion trends
- Is consistently self-motivated during peak and non-peak trading times
- Maintains a high awareness of visual merchandising and contributes to the making of commercial decisions for the market type and customer profile
- Identifies external opportunities to drive store performance and customer engagement helping to organise and schedule events to increase incremental sales
- Promotes the brand and products in a positive, proactive manner at all times
- Provides up-to-date product knowledge and seasonal promotional information at all times
- Contributes towards the achievement of sales goals by demonstrating a passion for the product and the brand
- Confidently introduces the full range of products and additional services to maximise customer interactions
- Promotes the brand, products and all shopping channels at all times being mindful of wider company strategies and key performance indicators
- Utilises all channels and tools available to go above and beyond for the customer at all times
- Is driving new business through available opportunities to capture customer data and understand the benefits of this to the customer and the brand.
- Learns and follows daily tasking requirements and replenishment systems, ensuring the sales floor is replenished at all times
- Operates tills and processes sales accurately, with care and attention
- Is computer literate to adhere to and drive all store operations
- Maintains strong housekeeping requirements at all times
- Assists with deliveries and stock handling in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence at all times to company security procedures and policies, maintain a safe working environment and comply with all regulations under the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Maintains the Health & Safety of colleagues, customers and contractors
- Processes web collections, orders and returns effectively
- Adheres to all stock control procedures to minimise stock loss and out of stocks
- Assists in completing all tasks necessary to ensure the smooth day to day running of the store, demonstrating flexibility in order to meet the needs of the Store and its team
- Completes any task as reasonably requested by the store management team
- Aims for continuous improvement through driving personal development
- Has a strong work ethic, places importance on good time keeping and using initiative where required
- Works as an effective part of the store and regional team
- Establishes and maintains constructive, effective team relationships to create a positive work dynamic
- Motivated by being a team player with a common goal
- Takes pride in personal appearance through being a brand ambassador and promoting the brand at all available opportunities
- Ensures immaculate presentation of branch and back of house in terms of cleanliness and tidiness
- Presenting a positive, happy and professional approach both internally and externally
- Is able to build trust in colleagues to complete group tasks efficiently
- Demonstrates strong communication skills to support an effective working relationship with your Line Manager
- Demonstrates flexibility in order to meet store and customer needs
Behaviours and Characteristics:
- Sales and target driven
- Natural conversationalist
- Results oriented
- Flexible, adaptable approach
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Fashion-led mind-set with a creative flare
- Exceptional customer service with a customer-centric approach
- Positive, pro-active and energetic with a sense of urgency when necessary
- Open to learning, training and development opportunities, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
Whistles is a contemporary fashion brand, based in London.
A shopping destination for the busy, dynamic woman, we create timeless pieces with an intelligent sense of design. Collections are considered, wearable and yet distinct, with true seven days a week appeal, crafted to fit effortlessly into modern life.
With an increasing presence on the global fashion stage, we have become a destination for fashion editors and industry leaders alike, renowned for our of-the-moment collaborations with independent brands and our emphasis on quality and longevity.
Whistles has experienced a notable growth over the last 12 months under a new management and ownership structure. Having already established a strong base, we are now entering a period of further growth and expansion.
Whistles places significant importance on its values which include collaboration, creativity, inclusivity and commerciality, as well as a progressive test and learn approach. We aim to inspire and empower both our customers and our teams.
Whistles is a fun, creative and casual environment to work in and this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to gain new experience, working amongst a passionate and friendly team.